Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Worship

Um...Isn't that such a great verse! I love it! Have you worshiped God yet today? You know that God created you to WORSHIP him, the Bible is clear about it. If you ever feel like you don't have purpose in life or you're feeling depressed or you don't know which direction to go....WORSHIP! Get your eyes off yourself and onto the one who made you. Worship doesn't have to take place sitting in a pew singing hymns. There are so many different ways to WORSHIP God! King David would play his harp and sing. Miriam danced before the Lord while playing her tambourine. Mary (the one with Martha, not the Mother of Jesus) worshiped by sitting at the feet of Jesus and just listening to him. The Wise Men worshiped by bringing gifts to the baby Jesus. But what about today? What about 2009?
So let's talk about this...how do you worship God? Do you do it everyday, rarely, just on Sundays? And how?

P.S. I'll leave the first comment to get us started!

5 comments:

Judy said...

I think I probably have moments of WORSHIP everyday. I pretty much only listen to Christian music (If you're local I listen to 90.5 and 88.3) not because I think other music is horrible, but I find that Christian music encourages me and points my heart and mind in the right direction. I love to sing, so whenever I'm in the car and my kids are not clammoring for my attention, I'm usually singing some worship song to the Lord. I think I also worship God through prayer. I try to make sure that I don't just always ask God for things, but that I also tell him how awesome and great I think he is. I'm trying to teach my kids to worship God by developing a thankful heart in them. Every night at bedtime I ask Christian what he's thankful for that day.

Jackie said...

Wow! What a great reminder! I don't worship enough....your notes are a reminder that I need to work on this...thanks.

Holly said...

We also listen to worship music (though not enough, I think - Jimmy Buffet seems to have taken up residence in our family CD player). We've been listening to the VBS music and dancing around the house. I also love to listen to 90.5's midday connection talk radio. It's on at 1 p.m. and I try to take a late lunch and listen to it during my work days. They have great ideas for worship and help to point us in the right direction.

Great post - made me think a little. Thanks.

Jenn said...

i LOVE that verse too! i like to worship and talk to God on my way to work every morn or/and evening. sometimes i will blast up the music on my cd player and just sing to Him at the top of my lungs...literally!

Amy said...

I've kept a gratitude journal (just a quick list, everyday) for years, and I force myself to be very specific in giving thanks for the details as well as the big things that the Lord does in my life everyday. It's a tremendous reminder too, on the tough days, that God has always and will always be faithful. I firmly believe that a thankful heart is the anticdote for bitterness. It keeps the attitude of our heart in check and focused on the greatness of God.