Sunday, July 26, 2009

"Nice to meet you."

So have you ever wondered how I'm connected to the different people who's blogs are linked to mine? Well, let me introduce you to them and I'll put everyone in different categories according to how I know them.



FAMILY:

Amy is my older sister by almost 2 years! She is also the mommy of Emma, Abby and Nate.

Julie and Zac are our cousins on Ryan's side of the family. Ryan and Zac were born just two months apart and grew up living within a mile of each other. So they're really more like brothers than cousins. They are also famously known as Olivia's mom and dad, a title I'm sure they love :)

CHURCH FRIENDS:

Millicent & Ben are friends from church with three kiddos! Millicent was one of the first bloggers I knew of and she is also the one who is responsible for turning me into a couponing mom!


Lori & Doug are friends from church with a little boy the same age as Christian. Lori is also an amazing photographer.


Holly & Steve are friends we know from church with two cute little red headed girls that I think are absolutely adorable.


Heidi & Adam used to go to our church and we became fast friends because they have two boys close in age to Christian. They also have a little girl named Addie now who is quickly becoming one of McKenna's special buddies.



COLLEGE FRIENDS:

Katy & David are friends from college. I remember the night the two of them met and then just a short time later I had the honor of being in their wedding! Katy is about to have her 4th child any day now! So exciting! That's why I love blogging, because she better blog all about it when it happens :)

Jamie & Daniel Jamie was one of my roommates in college and she and her husband are the amazing couple that is heading to Malawi Africa very, very soon. Do I know some awesome people or what!

Christy & Luis - Christy and I lived on the same hall in college. She's a new mommy now and a teacher so we have lots in common. Most of the time her blog posts are hysterical, so be sure to check it out the next time she updates.



HIGH SCHOOL FRIENDS:
Sarah & Warren. Sarah was one of my absolute best friends in high school, although we didn't go to high school together. We met at our church youth group and have been friends for over a decade now!

Heather & Marcus - Heather actually dated my little brother in High School but we've all moved on from that and we've stayed friend through the years since we both went to Liberty and since she was one of the first ones to tell me that she thought I would marry Ryan :) She has a little girl now who is McKenna's age and such a cutie pie! And she's a 911 operator, so she's always got a good story to tell.


FRIENDS:
Wendy & Paul - Wendy is one of the sweet gals I've meet through blogging. We figured out that she lives really close to my parents where I grew up. Are you ready for this....Wendy is cousins with Kristen. Kristen is one of Julie's (as in Zac and Julie) friends and we'll you know how I know Julie. Did you catch all that?

April & David - April and I used to work together when I was a teacher in Chesapeake, Va. You have got to check out some of the amazing birthday parties she has planned. I think I would be mortified to invite her to some of the parties we've had here, because she is super creative and throws amazing parties!

Laurie & Friends - Laurie actually went to church with Amy in Massachusetts, but has remained a huge part of our lives. Laurie has been an amazingly faithful friend to both Amy and I in the past couple of years. She loves our kids, comes to visit, showers us with clothes and toys for the kids and is overall just a huge encouragement to us. And her small group at church started a blog and they're all so fun and amazing!

Caitlin - Caitlin is Laurie's daughter (see above). She's was attending a college pretty close to our house so we got to see her through out the year. She started a blog when she went overseas to spend a semester in Italy. I'm hoping that she'll update it soon because it's been so fun to read about all her travels and adventure while I'm sitting at home vacuuming and changing diapers :)

Jenn is another friend that I acquired from Massachusetts. I love it that all of Amy's friends became mine too when she moved here :) Anyway, Jenn has visited us often and is so sweet with the kids. They adore her because she plays and plays and plays :)

Melissa is my neighbor and the newest blog that I've added to my blog roll. She lives right next door and it's been so fun getting to know her and her family over the past several years. She definitely makes me feel like I don't want to move after all. You may not remember this but if you've been following my blog for a year or more, you've probably prayed for Melissa. Her little sister unexpectedly passed away a little over a year ago and my heart was so broken. I asked you guys to lift up their family in prayer several times and I know that some of you did.

Jamie & Jim are technically Ryan's friends. Jim and Ryan were roommates for awhile when Ryan lived in Florida and they both work for the same company. They started their blog to chronicle their adventures in adopting three sweet siblings from Columbia! They are now the cutest family ever of five :)

Jessica is another Massachusetts friend that I've gotten to know a little bit over the last few years.

Alisha & Paul - Alisha is another girl from Massachusetts that I've gotten to know. She married Paul who is actually from the town we live in right now (is it a small world or what?) so we get to visit whenever she is in town visiting her in laws. She just moved back to Massachusetts with her little one year old Sophie.

Christine is another sweet friend from Massachusetts that I've gotten to know through her blog.

Eddie is another friend acquired from Massachusetts but he is actually going to college in Pa. Are you starting to wonder about all these Mass. friends? Well, most of them were a part of Amy's youth group at her church in Massachusetts. They're all grown up now and either in college or in the working world, but they've been true and faithful friends to Amy in the past several years.

So that wraps it up! Did I miss anyone? Let me know if you find a link that's not working. I didn't check them all. So now you know how I know all those people on my blog roll!

2 comments:

Millicent said...

Did you start blogging before me? You are so good at it that it seems like you've been doing it forever!

Katy said...

doesn't it make you feel like we're all so connected? i love it!! :) I am SO glad I was able to twist your arm into starting a blog - I love feeling like i can "pop" into your house any day and see what's happening! :) (And yes, I promise to keep the blog updated when i go into labor...if it ever happens!)