Thursday, July 2, 2009

The Deer Tick Saga

In case you were wondering how Christian AND Abby ended up with deer ticks, these pictures should explain it all.
There is this giant rock back in the woods at my parents house that we refer to as "the big rock." Very original isn't it? I spent hours hanging out at "the big rock" growing up. In the above picture Abby had climbed up on part of the big rock and was a little grossed out by all the ants she found.

There used to be a nice trail leading to "the big rock" but that was twenty years ago (sheesh I'm old) and the trail doesn't even remotely exist at this point. But for some reason I decided to take Christian, McKenna (I was carrying her in my arms...bad idea), Nathan and Abby back to the big rock.

It was a fun hike. They're looking at a mushroom in this picture.

But I'm just guessing that this is probably when Christian and Abby picked up their deer ticks. My parents have tons of deer that live on their property, so we always check and this time it paid off.


No comments: