Monday, July 20, 2009

Marshall Monday


Look carefully, Amy's in the background of this picture. Can you see her?

This is the only picture I ended up with of her from our mini visit this past weekend. She drove out to pick up her swing set and basketball backboard/hoop. And let me just tell you...I am so proud of us and by "us" I mean RYAN! Somehow we (and by "we" I mean RYAN too) fit her swing set and basketball backboard into her minivan and actually had all the doors shut! It was quite a feat and if you want something random to pray about you can ask the Lord to somehow help her to put it all back together again! I'm serious. She's got those two things and a set of bunk beds that still need to be put together and that is no small task.


If you've had a hard time getting in touch with Amy lately it's probably because she does not have internet service in her new house yet (I know, I can't even imagine the withdrawal) and her cell phone doesn't get reception in her new house. And that is a major issue, so she's getting a new phone and new phone number. And she's abandoning The Network. My minutes are going to start counting when I talk to her or the cousins and that just makes me sad. I'm actually going to have to pay attention to how long I talk now. I haven't had to worry about that in years!
As for the kids...they are having a grand time in Massachusetts with their Dad and Marshall family! Pray that they'll make some great memories with their family up there and that they have a safe trip home later this week!

1 comment:

Vicki said...

Judy,

I suggest that you look into Skype for your calls to Amy. Once she gets internet service, you can both download it and chat or talk live for free. And if you have webcams, you can see each other too. Even if she doesn't download it, you can do it and pay $2.95/month for unlimited calls to cell phones or land lines in the US. That's what I do so that I can easily talk to people out of my network or for those who still use land lines. It saves me a ton of minutes!