Thursday, July 2, 2009

Today

has been so busy. I'm unpacking from our trip to my parents house. We went blueberry picking and our neighborhood is having a community yard sale this weekend (why on earth they picked the 4th of July I have no idea). We are participating basically because Amy kept giving me things, like huge bookcases and entertainment cabinets, that she didn't want anymore. So I can't walk in my garage, so we are forced to participate in the yard sale. I do love a good yard sale, so I should quick complaining. It's just a little hard to do alone and I can definitely count on the fact that a yard sale is the least of Ryan's worries right now.
I found a deer tick on Christian's shoulder last night. They're the kind that can give you lyme disease, so you have to take them pretty seriously. So he was screaming and I was digging it out of his shoulder and I couldn't get it all. It was terribly traumatic for him so I quit digging for it and we're going to the pediatrician this afternoon. I'm dreading it!! It's not going to be fun. Did I mention that I'm dreading it?

Well there was no need to dread that doctor's visit. They just looked at the tick spot and told me I did a good job getting it out and that the tiny little speck left in there would work itself out. So I wasted $30 on a co-pay for that, but I do have peace of mind about the whole thing. Christian was quite relieved and now we are home and I've got to figure out a dinner plan. I think we're going to go with grilled cheese or waffles (since daddy's not home).

2 comments:

Heather said...

Yikes, sounds like a busy Holiday weekend for you! Hope the pediatrician's office visit isn't too bad...

the mccollums... said...

YIKES!! Did you put rubbing alcohol on it to kill it? Not sure if I have the right remedy for the right problem. Let us know what happens at the doctors.