Friday, July 24, 2009

Fever Girl and the Diarrhea Drama

Did I actually just use the word diarrhea in the title to this post? Hmmm...about four years ago I would have been horrified by the thought (before I was a mommy), but I'm over it now. McKenna has had diarrhea issues 6-10 times a day for the last eight days. It's been awful. She even wakes up at night with issues. We've tried changing her diet, but it did no good. So yesterday we finally gave a little sample (now that was gross) to the hospital to find out what's going on. She's been running a low grade fever with it and has a sore bottom, although it could be much worse. I've got quite the concoction of stuff I've been smearing on those tiny cheeks of hers too (let me know if you ever need my "recipe" Even my pediatrician was impressed with how good her bottom actually looked...all things considered and she like my "recipe"). We should get some preliminary results from our "sample" this afternoon, but we won't really know anything until Monday. I'm just hoping and praying that by Monday it won't even matter because she'll be better already. I have a feeling they're just going to tell me it's a virus and she'll get over it with time. But I've been thinking she'll get over it for 8 days now. And just so you know... Sand and swim diapers and diarrhea are NOT a good mix. Enough said!

P.S. I promise I will never use the "D" word in the title of a post again :)

1 comment:

Katy said...

gotta love the joys of mommyhood! sounds like the rotovirus to me. YUCK - hope it passes soon!