Thursday, July 23, 2009

Off to the Aquarium

And now I will shamelessly put a plug in for the Baltimore Aquarium. I'm telling you, if you live within two hours of the place and have children...you must go! But don't go during the summer, for Heaven's sake it was crowded. Go in the fall or winter. But seriously, you have got to go. It's a bit expensive. It was $46 for just Christian and I, but that was with tickets to the dolphin show, which you MUST see.
Christian learned so much and had so much fun doing it. I know that he learned things that he'll have with him for the rest of his life. He loved every single display. We were NOT allowed to skip one thing. And he asked so many questions that I had to read pretty much every sign.

So I learned a ton too!
Did you know that sperm whales can dive up to a mile to find the squid that they need to eat?
What an amazing creature!
Over and over we talked about how incredible and creative God is to be able to make so many different and beautiful creatures.
What a view!
We saw monkeys in the jungle!

Notice the Nurse shark right down by Christian's hand. It was sleeping and there's another one in the background sleeping too!

The kids play area was just the break we needed after three hours of walking around. I loved it that they had staff there ready to play with the kids!
We ended the day with a visit to the Australia exhibit and we were not disappointed.


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

We went there a few years ago...it was great even for teenagers.

Laurie

Holly said...

We're thinking about going there next Friday. Did you go during a weekday? I was hoping that it wouldn't be that crowded if we went during the day. I was planning to take Ellie to daycare and that way I could spend some fun time with Kate. Steve is off next week, so he was planning to come as well. How long do you think it will take us to get through and see everything? We'll need to be back by 5 p.m. to pick up Ellie. Do you think that's possible? Sorry to ask you so many questions. It looks like you had an awesome time and I know Kate will love it. I love your pictures...The Baltimore Aquarium should give you a bonus or something for such good marketing!

Katy said...

it's been years since we've been - the kids never have been. it really is one of the best aquariums in the country....probably only the one in Monterey CA is better in my opinion!

Heather said...

wow, what a great aquarium Maybe we'll make the trip in a few years when the kids are older...and hit the National Zoo....