Saturday, July 4, 2009

Little Swimmers

Last week I got the pleasure of taking Emma and Abby to swimming lessons one day! They were so excited to show off their new skills. Just as we arrived at the pool it started pouring. Like torrential, outrageous, down pour! We tried to wait it out for a few minutes but it was relentless. So I dropped the girls off as close as I could get to the door (can you see the blurry blue blob and the white blob heading towards the door? that's the girls). And then I had to park the car and walk/run to the building. My umbrella wouldn't even stay opened it was raining so hard. By the time I got inside my feet were completely soaked all the way through my sneakers and socks and my hair looked like I had just gotten out of the shower. I actually had to wring out my hair and shirt once I got inside. So that was a fun start to their lesson.
There they are, the swimming pros! I sat in the balcony to watch them.

That's Emma swimming for REAL. She knows how to do REAL strokes that can take her from one side of the pool to the other.

Abby manages to get from one side of the pool to the other. The poor girl gets totally worn out and is freezing the whole time, but she works so hard!
Em under the water!
Emma has tubes in her ears and is very careful about keeping her ear plugs in!

Abby looks like she's about to drown at any minute, but she is in total control the whole time. Remember how I asked you to pray for her because she was going to be in a more advanced class than what she was prepared for? Well, PRAYER ANSWERED! She did awesome, worked so hard, was a delight to her teacher, and improved a TON! There were only 4 kids in the class, so Abby got a bunch of special attention and she became a real swimmer. She honestly spent more time under the water than she did above!
------------
I'm so proud of you girls! Thanks for letting me tag along to one of your lessons!


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Here's the best part about the swimming lessons, they really worked. I had to put both girls in Level Two, because of time constraints. It was difficult for Abby to keep up, but she is a determined little girl. At the end of the two-week session, Abby had progressed to Level Three and the teacher was so impressed with Emma's progress, she promoted her to Level Four. Both girls worked very hard and listened well to their teacher. We are so proud of them!
Grandmom