Monday, March 31, 2008
I just got out the Fridge Phonics set and he has spent the entire morning playing with the letters A, B and C. He can tell you which letter is his letter, which letter is Abby's letter and which letter is McKenna's letter (B - for baby). We'll see if he can still remember it when Daddy comes home tonight.
Friday, March 28, 2008
This is Christian with his poster paper and some stickers, stamps and crayons. Christian put Disney Cars stickers and Nascar stickers on his poster. Then he took a crayon and made a road for the cars. Pretty creative!
Nate put lots of random stickers on his poster and then he drew some balls for his daddy. He also included a few Nascar stickers and he told me the cars were racing. He also told me that he drew a road, although it's not that recongnizable. I was really impressed with how much effort Nate put into this. He worked on it for over 30 min. which is quite a long time for a two year old with an ear ache!
I thought I would include a close up picture of Nate's poster so Jake could get a good look. Sorry Jake, but you'll have to wait until you come to visit in April to get this work of art. I only mail stuff that I can fit in a regular envelope with a regular stamp and that I can put in my own mailbox. Otherwise I would have to drag everyone to the post office and I avoid that place like a plague.
Wednesday, March 26, 2008
Click on this link to view McKenna's pictures and to see some other great pictures Lori has taken. If you live in the Greencastle/Waynesboro/Chambersburg area and you need some family picture taken I would highly recommend Lori! It was so nice to have someone come to the house and to have someone who was willing to work with my crying baby.
Lori also brought along a little entertainment for Christian. Her two year old son, Jacob, had a grand time with Christian and Christian talked about his "nice friend" the rest of the day.
2. This is a cute story I just had to share. Emma had to read two chapters of a reading group book last night for homework. She asked me if she could read it to Christian and I told her I didn't think he would really listen since it didn't really have pictures and since she was reading chapters in the middle of the book. Plus, I wanted her to actually understand what she was reading and I was afraid Christian would just distract her. So I told her "no," but she proceeded to ask Christian if he wanted to hear a story. He was thrilled by the idea, so I told her to give it a try. The next thing I know the two of them (pictured above) are snuggled up in his room in front of the window. Emma read both chapters to Christian and he didn't interrupt her once. They probably sat there for 20 min. I know that Christian couldn't have had a clue what she was reading, but he just loved the special attention. And I think Emma loved having Christian's undivided attention too!3. I just had to include a picture of my little cutie. Unfortunately, she has become a binkie addict at a very young age. Boo Hoo! I'd rather have a thumb sucker!
4. I finally took down my outdoor Christmas lights! I figured that since Christmas was over three months ago I might as well take them down :)
5. Today by 9:30am I had Abby, Christian, Nathan and McKenna dress with shoes and coats on and buckled into the car. I also had three sippy cups and one bottle packed in the diaper bag and I had three ride-on toys in the car too. We headed to church for playgroup and even though we were about 30 min. late I still felt pretty good about myself. The kids played great and really enjoyed burning off some energy in the gym. I loved being able to show McKenna off a little bit and it was nice to be able to talk to some friends. You may find this hard to believe, but it's 2:30pm and no one (other than McKenna of course) has cried yet today!! When I put Christian to bed last night we prayed that we would have a great day today and we specifically prayed that everyone would get along and do a good job of obeying!! Thank you Lord for hearing our prayer!!!!
6. Both Christian and Nate went to the doctor for various things last week, but here's the shocking part: Christian weighs 35lbs and Nate weighs 33.5lbs. Apparently their stomach viruses didn't seem to have much of an effect on them. My word, they are big boys. I think Abby weighs less than both of them!! Ryan would tell you that they both have football in their futures, but I politely disagree. I'd rather stick with baseball and soccer.
Tuesday, March 25, 2008
McKenna slept through the whole thing!
Monday, March 24, 2008
Saturday, March 22, 2008
I've had a great 30th birthday and I've spent the entire day with my three favorite people. Christian has been singing to me all day and I haven't cooked one thing. I did vacuum but only because I got a new vacuum cleaner (you can see it in the background of the video). That's what I really wanted for my birthday. I figured every 30 yr. old mom with two kids needs a great vacuum cleaner and I had always had a cheap one, but now I'm set. This vacuum does carpet and hard wood! I know they all say they do bare floors, but this one really does! Yippee! (By the way, Christian doesn't have pants on in this video because we have half heartedly started to potty train. He was wearing a big boy pull up. I just wanted you to know that he doesn't usually walk around without pants)!
This is a picture of Christian giving me a present that from him and McKenna. I'll have to take a picture of it, but it's a beautiful gold necklace with their birth stones (pearl and amethyst) in it. Very sweet and an heirloom that I'll treasure forever. The girls from my small group also surprised me with a bunch of balloons. McKenna has been loving those. She just lays on the floor and stares at them.
I finally figured out how to post a video. I had tried this before, but I think the videos I was trying to post were too long. Anyway, this video is for everyone's enjoyment, but it's especially for Grampy and Grammy Chatterton who haven't gotten to meet McKenna yet. Now that I figured out how to do this, hopefully I'll be posting lots of sweet pictures of McKenna to share with you. ENJOY!
Christian's friend Jacob with his daddy.
The hunt is on!
Filling up his basket.
Showing off his eggs. Once Christian really understood the concept of an egg hunt, he was running around scooping up as many eggs as possible. He was one of the older two year olds in his group, so once his basket was full I told him he had to stop and let the little kids get some. Then he was ready to fill their baskets. He didn't even realize there was candy in the eggs until we were ready to go home. He was just having fun picking up the eggs. It was such a fun experience for both of us.
Friday, March 21, 2008
Kate is three and she is definitely ready to be a big sister. She was so interested in McKenna and was carefully examining her little hands, feet and ears. She was so gentle, kissing McKenna's head and she was thrilled when it was her turn to hold McKenna. She did a great job.
We can't wait to meet the newest Furnish girl! We'll be praying for a quick and safe delivery!
Christian checking out the baby toys. What he doesn't remember is that he's already played with this for hours on end, but that was about 2 years ago.
I love this picture of McKenna. Just look at those beautiful eyes and sweet little hands. God is a marvelous creator!
Thursday, March 20, 2008
Click here to see what my very dear and witty friend Jamie had to say about turning 30. It's very entertaining and so, so true.
Jamie, Megan, Judy and Katy at a concert.
Katy and I with some random Papa John's guy. We were poor college students so we went to Papa John's at closing time and offered to wash tables in exchange for free pizza. It worked...we walked away with a few pizzas.
Wednesday, March 19, 2008
We've had a nice day. Abby and I made blueberry muffins. The boys played nicely together and McKenna has spent a great deal of time sleeping. Now I just need her to decide to sleep for longer than 2 hours at night.
I just wanted everyone to know that things are looking up and I don't feel like screaming anymore!!
Tuesday, March 18, 2008
Monday, March 17, 2008
I just had to show you all McKenna's adorable outfit. Her friend Noah (he's in Kindergarten) picked this out for her and brought it to her when she was just a week old. Isn't it the cutest?!?
The outfit says "My First St. Patrick's Day." Too cute!!
Well, Emma's report card was very positive. She got an OUTSTANDING (the highest score possible)in Reading, Writing and Math. She got an ABOVE AVERAGE in handwriting. She still needs to work on neatness and the spacing of her words. I think the main issue there is that she rushes.
This is the comment her teacher wrote:
Emma continues to do well in all subject areas. Socially, she always makes good choices and she is a caring friend to all of her classmates. Learning new things always excites her and she give 100% to everything she does. She is definitely a leader in our classroom, and we all enjoy her positive personality.
Emma we are so proud of you and how hard you always work. You never complain about doing your homework and you always come home from school very excited about your day. I must admit, I love it that I'm the first one you get to talk to when you get off the bus. I always get the best details about your day and I know that makes your mom jealous (sorry Amy) but I love it!!
1. He plays "choo choos" with me.
2. He gives me baths (It's true. Ever since I got a huge pregnant belly Daddy was the main bath giver and it has continued even though I don't have the pregnancy excuse anymore).
3. He plays "neighs" with me (What he means is that they play horses together. Ryan will be the horse and Christian rides on his back and tells him what to do. He tells him where to go to get a drink, where to find a snack, when it's time to sleep, etc. It's very cute to watch).
3. He plays basketball.
4. He tackles me.
5. He gives me snacks (the kind that mommy always says "no" to).
6. He reads books.
7. He watches TV with me.
I thought that was a pretty good list for a 2 year old to come up with. It makes me realize how thankful I am that I have a husband who knows how to be a great dad. Mommy's and Daddy's are so different. If Christian came up with a list of things he does with me it would be totally different and it would include things like coloring, doing puzzles, helping with laundry, etc. I definitely believe God created families to have a mommy and daddy because they both fulfill very different and vital roles in a child's life.
We really miss you daddy!! Come home soon!!
Sunday, March 16, 2008
Grandmom and McKenna McKenna and I. I love pictures when she doesn't have her binkie in her mouth. I'm afraid those moments might just become rare. She loves her binkie.