Monday, March 31, 2008

My little sponge!

Christian has recently started to show great interest in academic things. He's soaking up everything around him. He can almost count to 20 (he makes it to 14 with no errors and then things start to get a little mixed up). He's constantly asking about letters and colors and numbers and shapes. He shocked me the other day when he pointed to a triangle and then told me it was a triangle. That was not something we had even worked on, so I can tell he's just paying attention to everything around him. He comes home from Sunday school and can actually tell us what he learned about. The teacher in me is loving this!
I just got out the Fridge Phonics set and he has spent the entire morning playing with the letters A, B and C. He can tell you which letter is his letter, which letter is Abby's letter and which letter is McKenna's letter (B - for baby). We'll see if he can still remember it when Daddy comes home tonight.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Judy!!! I can't believe it's been almost 10 years since we've talked.....congrats on your growing family! I wish we lived closer so that we could have a playdate! :) I want to tell you about so much....I would love to catch up through email...instead of leaving 10 years worth on your sweet blog...which I LOVE by the way! Email me a quick note when you get a chance...I'd love to hear from you. I still can't get over the fact that we both named our daughters McKenna Grace. We spell ours a little different....I'm guessing that Sarah told you?! I'm not a blogger, although I love the idea now that I've seen yours! So if you could, send me an email! Miss you! Kim Stuller-Baker
kim122300@aol.com And thanks to Sarah for getting me all of this information on Easter Sunday!

the mccollums... said...

thats great, Judy!! Sometimes it just clicks for these little guys and their letters and numbers! Its hard in my class because most of them get it but a few are so not interested...this is great for Christian that he is starting to recognize all these things!! He's a smarty-pants for sure!

Heather said...

WHat a smart boy! I can't say I'm surprised. The fact that he's interested and absorbing it all makes everything easier!

Katy said...

Isn' it fun to see them learning like this? It is AMAZING how much they pick up - even from things you think you aren't TEACHING them - they get it all!!! Way to go Christian. You have the BEST teacher at home with you!

Aggiema (Michelle) said...

Thank you for your sweet comment on my blog. I don't know how far back you read but it has been a hard few months with Mama's cancer and passing. You have such a sweet little family.

Aggiema (Michelle) said...

I read a little of your blog tonight (I am waiting up for my husband, he is working late tonight) and you have had a rough few months too! You have such a good attitude about it all. I am thankful that you and your family are well now (finally!) and pray that there will be no more sickness for a long, long time! Blessings