Friday, March 28, 2008

For Our Daddies

I never really know what combination of children I'm going to have in a day until that day is upon me. This morning I woke up to Nate curling up in bed next to me. The sweet boy had a bad ear ache, so Amy brought him to my house instead of daycare. This is the first time Nate has ever had an ear ache and he was miserable so we headed to the doctor for the second time this week. The verdict - a bad ear infection in his left ear. On our way home in the car Christian, Nate and I were talking about what we were going to do with our day and we decided to make special pictures for our daddies.

This is Christian with his poster paper and some stickers, stamps and crayons. Christian put Disney Cars stickers and Nascar stickers on his poster. Then he took a crayon and made a road for the cars. Pretty creative!
Nate put lots of random stickers on his poster and then he drew some balls for his daddy. He also included a few Nascar stickers and he told me the cars were racing. He also told me that he drew a road, although it's not that recongnizable. I was really impressed with how much effort Nate put into this. He worked on it for over 30 min. which is quite a long time for a two year old with an ear ache!
I thought I would include a close up picture of Nate's poster so Jake could get a good look. Sorry Jake, but you'll have to wait until you come to visit in April to get this work of art. I only mail stuff that I can fit in a regular envelope with a regular stamp and that I can put in my own mailbox. Otherwise I would have to drag everyone to the post office and I avoid that place like a plague.

8 comments:

Heather said...

What sweet creative boys! Sorry to hear about Nate's ear infection, I hope it's better today. I bet the whole pediatrician's staff knows your whole family by first name!

Anonymous said...

Hey Judy,
I just wanted to say thanks for posting Nate's picture for me...I know you didn't have to but I appreciate that you did. I look forward to seeing the real thing in April. I also wanted to say thanks for sending me some of Emma's school work. I can't believe how fast she (really all of them) is growing up. I know I talk to them everyday but it's nice to see some of the things they are working on. McKenna is a real cutie...she too is growing so fast. I'm so glad that Christian has taken to be a big brother, I must say I was a little concerned. You truly have a beautiful family.

Amy said...

What a great project!! Both daddies are sure to be thrilled. And your patience with having stamps and stickers near your new kitchen floor is to be commended!!

Katy said...

Your comments about the post office crack me up. The boys did a GREAT job on their projects!!!

Kristi said...

Amen the post office can be a very scary place.

Erin said...

Glad to know the boys have some NASCAR stickers. We will be watching the race today with Pop Pop T. Adam has been talking about getting Christian some NASCAR/Cars underwear for his birthday. What do you think?? I guess we should go ahead and pick Nate boy up some too.

the mccollums... said...

Cute project from the boys!! I am sure they loved having their work space taped to the floor so that they can spread out and work on their tummys! HA> a great idea and one I do in my class too sometimes!! :) I'm sure the daddys loved it!

Jenn said...

hey judy... so i thought i'd do some changing on my blog. if i mess up please feel free to fix whatever i may have done!