Thursday, July 9, 2009

Whew....

I'm so tired! That just sums it up!

My parents came yesterday and stayed over night for a little visit. The main purpose of this visit was to go look at some houses this afternoon (remember their house is on the market right now and they're relocating to this area). I LOVE to look at houses and we had four lined up with our realtor that we were going to check out.

But our lazy morning quickly came to an end when my realtor called to tell me that we had a showing tonight. So we rushed around and cleaned and organized.

We managed to fit in a little hike and a picnic lunch at the river and then it was back home to clean some more and mow some grass....etc.

The house was looking PERFECT when we rolled out the door at 4pm. We looked at one beautiful house and were walking into the second house when McKenna threw up on the Welcome mat at the front door. She was covered, I was covered. It was awful.

So we left my parents and Christian at house #2 and went home to change. McKenna threw up three more times, but we had to go back and pick them up. Ugh. She threw up the whole way back home.

My parents got their car and left for the rest of the house tour and I held my sick girl for the next few hours.

Oh, and our house showing was canceled. Annoying since I was totally prepared, but probably good since there was no way I could have left the house.

McKenna is asleep now and Ryan just walked in the door. I'd love to spend time with him...it's been too long...but I'm going to bed. Who knows what the night will hold!


P.S. And YES, I'm totally behind on this blog! I still haven't finished blogging about our visit with the cousins last week and then there was blueberry picking and then a trip to the pool with friends....

2 comments:

Heidi said...

Oh Judy, what a day! Hope McKenna is feeling better soon and that the 2 of you can get a good night of sleep! I'll also be praying that no one else gets hit with this stomach bug!

Katy said...

oh no - i'm anxious to read your next few posts and hear how mckenna ended up through the weekend. at least she threw up on the welcome mat and not INSIDE someone's house!! UGH!