Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Survey - Leave a Comment

My dishwasher is dying. It's sad but true. Last night I put Christian to bed with his fan on and his door shut and then went downstairs to clean up the kitchen. A few minutes later I turned on the dishwasher and within a few seconds Christian came bounding down the stairs wanting to know what that loud noise was. "No sweetie, it's not a train that's going to crash into the house. You can go back to bed. Yes, I promise it's just the dishwasher."

Our dishwasher has been on it's last leg for about 2 years now, but lately it's been getting much worse. Of course, we continue to try to hang on to it because replacing it just opens up a whole new can of worms. Our house is on the market, so the appliances need to match, but I don't want to buy another almond colored appliance. I mean, what if we end up staying here? If I knew we were going to stay we would begin to slowly replace everything with stainless steel. So I don't know what to do. We're going to continue to put up with the noise for now, but in the meantime I need to do a little research in case we need to start replacing things and that's where you come in.

We currently have all GE appliances and since our house is 10 years old that means our appliances are too. I guess that's not too bad.

Here are my questions for you:
What brand of appliances do you have in your house? Specifically the dishwasher?
How old is it? (Because most appliances work fine for 5 years. I care about it lasting a lot longer than that).
Have you had any problems with them?
Would you recommend what you have?

Thanks

5 comments:

Jenn W. said...

I have a GE dishwasher and Frigidaire fridge and stove. I really like my dishwasher (which is 2-3 years old) however, it just recently started making this growling sound. Not sure what that is, but like you, I haven't decided to do anything about it yet.

Jackie said...

Okay...we are in the same dilemma. Our dishwasher really died....like by running water all over the kitchen floor!!!!!! I am washing dishes by hand!! BOO!!! Let me know what you decide!

Katy said...

We bought all kenmore appliances in the last two houses, and loved our dishwashers in both. i have a whirlpool right now and it's not my favorite, but it came with the house so we'll deal for now!

Millicent said...

I can ask Ben to be on the lookout for one on his job. he brought home a new stainless one that had a dent (not visible when installed). now if Icould just get it in!

Becki Schuurman said...

We have a black Whirlpool that was in the house when we bought it 5 years ago. No idea how old it is, though. It works great so far, but definitely does not match our white GE fridge and almond GE stove. We're planning on matching appliances over time, too.