Friday, July 17, 2009

I think we're in recovery

from round two of this stomach virus. Christian hasn't thrown up in a couple of hours and has had some crackers and juice. Thank you LORD! We have an appointment with the pediatrician on stand-by for tomorrow morning. I talked to the nurse at our pediatrician's office a couple times today. She kept reassuring me that there is a very bad virus going around that lasts up to 48 hours. My kids just get super sick when they get any kind of stomach bug. Christian had one virus in which he vomited for six days straight. And then another one where he ended up in the hospital and a different one where he had to get shots to make him stop throwing up. Sheesh...so I guess I should just be thankful this one is over. I think anyway. He's been so sweet about the whole thing. He turned into this delightful little snuggle bug that didn't fuss for a second the whole time he was sick. He seems to be getting turning back into his usual feisty little self, but Auntie Mimi is coming for a visit, so I'll let her handle any fussiness that pops up!
McKenna did make me a little worried today. She was eating lunch and fell asleep with her head on the table in the middle of eating. What in the world?? I've heard about kids doing that, but not my McKenna. Not that girl that takes an hour to fall asleep everytime I lay her down. So please Lord, please, please, please don't let her get this virus again! Keep my girl healthy Jesus! Her little body can't go through that again!

2 comments:

Katy said...

maybe she's just still worn down from being sick earlier in the week and is more tired from it. glad to hear christian has kept a few things down, and hoping the night is succsesful too!!

Sarah Joy said...

what nightmare you are living! I am so sorry but definatly praying.