Wednesday, July 1, 2009

The {FINAL} Jesse Tree Update

It took us 6 months (instead of the original two I planned) but the Cyber Jesse Tree project is finally done! I'm thrilled and still thankful we did it even if I did end up making a hundred ornaments myself.
Just in case you don't know what a Jesse Tree is you can read THIS very lengthy explanation or read my simple explanation:
It's one of my favorite Christmas traditions. You start with a small empty Christmas tree and staring on December 1st you add one ornament every night until Christmas morning. The ornaments and the devotional book walk you through the entire bible, starting with Creation and ending with the Birth of Jesus. It is a wonderful way to be purposeful about the real reason for the season. We wrap our ornaments and number them 1-25 and then each night we open one ornament. We talk about it, sometime read from the devotional book, sometimes read a different bible story book that goes with the ornament and then we usually pray and sing a few Christmas carols. It was such a special time for us this past year. All four of us sitting on the couch with only the lights on our Jesse Tree to illuminate the room!
I think my parents win the prize for most intricate and time consuming ornament. These Popsicle stick mangers with Baby Jesus are really a work of art.

This is just one of three different sheep (all slightly different to tell a different story each time) you'll find in your kit.

This is one of my creations. Can you guess what it is? I was dreading making it and tried to pass it off on one of my friends, but it wasn't so bad and Christian thought it was the BEST ornament in the bunch!

Another one of my creations. I know I should be posting all the other ones that are actually cute, but I had to show you this just so you would know how dedicated I was to this project. This is the ornament explaining the "Prophecy of shoot from the stump of Jesse" definitely the most random ornament in the bunch. I actually went back in the woods and cut down a tree branch. Then I sawed it up into little piece. Then I drilled holes in them for the ribbon and hot glued the "shoot" or leaf on them. I'm proud of that little ornament.
And here's a cute one made by Candi, of Bethlehem.
---------------------
Sorry that I didn't take pictures of all the ornaments, you'll just have wait to get yours (If you participated). I just mailed most of the packages yesterday (Jenn, you need to send me your mailing address)and if you're local then you'll get yours at church on Sunday.
----------------------
Uh oh...are you getting upset that you don't have a Jesse Tree coming to you?
Well, stay tuned!!
Tomorrow we'll be celebrating CHRISTMAS IN JULY and I'll be giving some details on how you can get a Jesse Tree for your family!!


9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the compliment. Dad and I had fun making the ornaments together. We hope all participants are blessed with the whole project.
Love, Grandmom

Anonymous said...

I agree...your mom and dad do get the prize for the most intricate ornament. I got my box today... thank you so much for coordinating this project, making 100 ornaments, and mailing them out.

I loved going through the box with Caitlin and Christine. I can't wait to use it!!!

-Laurie

Jenn said...

hey there... you've sent me a card before but don't have my address?! anyways...go check out your facebook, i'll leave my mailing address there for you. :) thanks!

Anonymous said...

I AM upset...Seriously, I cannot wait to find out how to get one if I can.......

Wendy

Sarah Joy said...

Mine is here and I took pics to post but am so exhausted. We made those mangers like Mom & Dad did for gifts one year and they are precious. I loved seeign it in the box! I was wondering who was the master behind it!

Heather said...

I got my package today! Thank you for organizing and putting so much work into this package...I'm excited to start this new tradition this year!

Courtney said...

that is so awesome, judy!

Christine said...

I was with Laurie when she got her box. What a great project!! Everything looked really beautiful :)

And those branch ornaments are realy cool - I'm impressed you put so much work into them.

Katy said...

i got my package this last weekend and can't WAIT to go through it one by one to look at. Thank you SO Much for doing this Judy. It's going to be a special christmas indeed!