Wednesday, July 1, 2009

It really did happen

That's Amy's moving truck!
She really did pack it up and leave.
I was slightly involved in the packing process, although not as much as I probably should have been. But you see, I was selfishly a little tired of moving her stuff.
Here's why:
1. Two years ago I went to Massachusetts and spent three days packing Amy's house (while pregnant).
2. Then I unpacked Amy's house here.
3. We put half of her stuff in a huge storage unit, but that cost a fortune every month. So after a few months we went through everything, eliminated some stuff and moved everything to a smaller storage unit.
4. A year later, realizing that a storage unit in general is a waste of money, we moved everything from the storage unit into Amy's basement.
5. And that brings us to this present move number 5 in two years. Ugh. Moving is not so fun.
It's totally making me nervous now that my parents house is on the market, and my house and my brother's house and my sister-in-law has a few houses on the market. Yikes!

And I just have to show you my little bike rider. I would drive the car over to Amy's house this past weekend and he would ride his bike. That was a very, very big deal! And he did great. He's even had a tiny wreck and he's still going strong on his bike. I'm so proud of him for overcoming his fear.


2 comments:

Heather said...

Oh the joys of Amy's storage unit..I will never forget hauling stuff in and out of there(while I was 7 months pregnant!!) and being the "yard sale nazi" to get ready for Amy's first big one!! Good times ;)

Anonymous said...

Way to go Christian...I am so proud that you are enjoying your new bike. You are doing great riding it...and going faster.

Laurie