Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Uncle Tim - The Legend

My brother Tim has become a legend among the northern cousins. Mainly because of his TREE HOUSE. He and my dad built it when he was in elementary school.
It is an impressive tree house complete with a trap door in the floor just in case you need to escape in an emergency. And they all feel very brave when they go up in it by themselves. We actually do let them play up there with no supervision and their favorite thing to do is eat popsicles up there and have snacks. They feel like they're on a real adventure. I did find out after the fact that Nathan stood on that little front porch and went to the potty right off the side down into the woods. And apparently all the kids were there cheering him on (that's Christian's version of it anyway).
This was the #1 activity the last time we were all at PopPop and Grandmom's house. It makes me terribly sad to think about my parents moving and leaving this little house with all it's memories behind. Anyone want to volunteer to move it to my yard??? Seriously I would take it despite the fact that my neighbors might think it's atrocious (did I spell that right? spell check isn't picking it up, so I guess so).

And then there's the other favorite activity that also makes Uncle Tim a legend. He made this swing and hung it in a very tall tree. You can go so high on it. It's way better than any swing set.

And you can do tricks on it, which of course Abby would try. I don't have a picture of her swinging upside down on it while holding on to the ropes, but she does it! Really, she does. And we just watch and clap and hold our breath.

And Nate is pretty proud of this trick he can do too!


3 comments:

Katy said...

david has always wanted a tree house like that too - i think it's VERY cool! Surely there's got to be a way to move it...

Heather said...

I'd actually be surprised if Nate was the first boy to pee off thattree house! It looks like a fun treehouse! I love that two children can fit on that swing!

Melissa said...

these neighbors certainly wouldn't find the tree house atrocious in the least. In fact, you might end up with a certain someone with a little extra free time these days coming over to play too! ;)