Sunday, July 12, 2009

Fresh Blueberries

I can't even remember exactly when we did this, but I do know that we've been enjoying fresh blueberries for about two weeks now! We went blueberry picking at the perfect time. The blueberries were huge and about to fall off the bushes.
I think Christian ate about a pint of blueberries while we were there, despite the fact that I kept telling him not to. Everytime I would look over at him his mouth would be dripping again.

It was a beautiful morning...not too hot, not too chilly. We were so thankful that we had so many sweet friends join us.

McKenna tried to pick a few, but she always picked white ones that tasted super yucky.

Christian was certain to give her a few blue ones to try when I wasn't looking.

Last year Christian dumped his bucket twice. And let me tell you, it's a bit discouraging when that happens because it really does take awhile to pick a bucket full of blueberries since they're so small. So this year I thought we'd try a pitcher. I figured even if he tipped it over they might stay in the bottom. WRONG! He dumped the whole thing again this year. At least he only did it once.

McKenna was more interested in her buddy Ellie than she was in the blueberries.

If you're a local reader, you have got to go next year!! The blueberries seem to be ready around the middle of June. I think it would be too late to go blueberry picking this year, but you have to join us next year. Christian told me he liked blueberry picking better than strawberry picking because you don't have to bend over. I was thinking the same thing :)


1 comment:

Heather said...

I need to find some blueberry picking where we live, blueberries are Liam's favorite!