Sunday, July 5, 2009

CHRISTMAS IN JULY - Do You Want your Own Jesse Tree???

I've blogged about my college roomate Jamie before! She and her husband Daniel are amazing!
They are giving up their comfortable lives in Charlotte, North Carolina and they're moving to Malawi, Africa is just a few short weeks. They have to be out of their condo by the weekend. She is truly living out the gospel and I'm so proud of her and challenged by her!
You can check out her blog here or their missions website here.
They need to raise $50,000 to cover their expenses during the year they're in Malawi! They are close to their goal and I know that God is going to provide, but I'm doing everything I can to help make it happen for them too!

Remember the Jesse Tree I talked about yesterday?? Well here's how you can get your very own kit. The kit includes all 25 ornaments and the devotional book! The book alone costs $12.00 plus shipping and handling. And the ornaments vary in value. I would say that each one costs at least a dollar. Some people spent more than that on their ornaments, some people spent less. So the value of a Jesse Tree kit is about $37.00

Personally I feel like the memories you make and the Biblical truths you teach your child in the process are priceless! I've never done this before but I'm going to auction off a Jesse Tree kit and every single dime will go to my dear friends Jamie and Daniel McCollum to support their trip to Malawi!

---------------

The auction will take place in the comment section of this post!

If you want to bid, you just leave a comment stating how much you're willing to pay.

The bidding starts at $10.00 (so the first person to bid will leave their name and they should say they bid $10). Then the bidding should go up in increments of $5 (so the second person will leave a comment saying they'll pay $15 and so on and so forth). You may comment annonymously, but you have to include your name in the comment!!!!!

Bidding STARTS NOW and will end at 8:00am on Monday, July 6th!

Someone might walk away with a real deal if the kit only goes for $10.00, but I would love to see it go for more! We'll see what happens! Maybe we'll have a bidding war! If you have a blog, I would love it if you would blog about this (but it totally won't offend me if you don't) and send people over to my blog (You don't have to link to this post because I'm going to keep it at the top of the blog until Monday). The more bids we have the better. You don't have to explain the whole thing (a Jesse Tree is a rather random thing to explain) just send them over here.

Even if you already have a Jesse Tree kit this makes the perfect Christmas gift for the person who has everything. Or a great wedding gift. Ryan and I got ours as a wedding gift and it was so fun to start a new tradition together as a family of two, although it was much more meaningful to share it with Christian this past Christmas. I happen to know someone who is getting this as a Thanksgiving gift so they'll have it in time to do with their family this Christmas!

The person who wins will make a check out to SIM Serving in Missions and in the comment line they need to write "Daniel and Jamie McCollum #30622." You will send the check to me and once I get it I'll send our your Jesse Tree kit. Then I'll send your check to SIM. Make sense??

--------------

Let the bidding begin!!

13 comments:

The Kirkland's said...

I will make the first bid...$10.00

the mccollums... said...

You are awesome, Jude, I love you!! Thanks Lauren for the first bid! My heart is encouraged this morning...WOW, I feel the love!

Alicia said...

I want one of these! How awesome...... I guess the next bid should be $15, so I will bid that.

Aggiema (Michelle) said...

I will go $20.

Heather said...

I will bid $25!

the mccollums... said...

woo hoo....love checking in on this today...a great break from my packing! Thanks everyone!! Just wanted to mention to you guys that we were able to purchase our international tickets this afternoon...not too much more to reach our approx $50,000 goal...God is good. Thanks for the virtual love.

Jenn W. said...

I'll bid $30.

Anonymous said...

I'll go to $35. But if I win, let's have your friends take the Jesse tree ornaments to Malawi..that's if they have room in their luggage.

-Laurie

Sarah Joy said...

I linked you today! I am way behind but tryign to catch up...

Sarah Joy said...

I linked you today! I am way behind but tryign to catch up...

Nic said...

$40!

Jenn W. said...

Okay, I really want one, and it's SUCH a great cause - $45.

Judy said...

JENN W. wins!!! Which is very exciting to me because that means I don't have to ship it :) I'll email you Jenn with the details.