Sunday, July 12, 2009

There's a LOT going on - UPDATED

My heart and mind feel like they're being pulled a in a million different directions.

First of all an update on McKenna. She's feeling much better but this virus she had sure did her in. I ended up taking her to the pediatrician Sat. morning because she broke out with an awful rash all over. She looked speckled from face to bottom. But it's just a virus and apparently she's not contagious now that the rash has appeared so she went to church this morning and is doing great!
My parents got an offer on their house for significantly less than they were asking. So they countered and the other person countered and now they don't know what to do. This is a life changing decision for them, so please pray that they will have wisdom and make the right decision.

I just talked to this sweet girl on the phone. She's on her way to the ER. Apparently her little brother slammed her fingers in a door and Amy thinks she might have two broken fingers. She was very calm and didn't sound too nervous. She knows that the doctor is just going to take a picture of her hand and for heavens sake she's used to having pictures taken. Abby even talked to McKenna on the phone and McKenna told her "tank you" which Abby loved even though McKenna had nothing to thank her for. Then McKenna hugged the phone and Abby was thrilled when I told her. So cute! So I'll keep you posted on this one. Pray that the ER wait isn't too bad and that Abby will be brave and that her fingers won't be broken after all.

Miss Abigail is just fine! Her fingers are not broken after all. But they must look pretty bad because when the doctor came in to tell them that they weren't broken she decided to check the x-ray one more time after she saw them. Abby is a real trooper. When I asked her if she was going to rest this afternoon she said, "No way. I've got to play with my new friends Shannon, Elizabeth, Hannah and Megan." Sounds to me like she's loving her new house, although it's apparent that she and Christian miss each other terribly. Christian even told her he loved her with out me prompting it.


4 comments:

Sarah Joy said...

Whew! Glad Abby is pkay! McKenna's rash sounds all too familar. Scott gets a rash just about everytime he gets a virus, right when I think he is better the rash pops out! And it always has to be checked.
I will pray for your parents and that offer and the wisdom for what to do. I still can't even imagine them not living in that house. Have they seen anything they like up by you guys?

Katy said...

ugh - relieved to hear the fingers weren't broken after all. praying that the rest of you got some good rest today....long weekend for you i know!!!

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear all is ok. BTW- McKenna looks so much like you in that picture! So sweet! I love hoodie towels!

Wendy

Heidi said...

So happy to hear that Abby got a good report! We're praying for a speedy recovery for her and McKenna!

Heidi