Tuesday, June 2, 2009

My New Hobby

Well, I don't know if this counts as a hobby or not, but I'm enjoying it! I have gone coupon crazy! Millicent is going to be so proud of this post! She's the one who inspired me to start saving money! I feel like part of the job of being a stay-at-home-mommy is saving money, but for the past two years I've been a little overwhelmed and I feel like I've been in survival mode for awhile. Thankfully life is starting to calm down due to the fact that my cutie McKenna has been healthy for almost three months now. We haven't been to the pediatrician since March! Yippee!

This was my latest shopping spree. Obviously this is not everything I bought. I got milk, bread, fresh produce, diapers, etc....but this is the stuff I got amazing deals on. Nothing in this picture cost more than a dollar and most of it cost far less. The toothpaste was free (It was on sale for $1.00 and I had a $1.00 off coupon). The deodorant cost $0.47 (I had a $2.00 off coupon). The Kraft barbecue sauce was free, the ranch dressing cost $0.09 I could explain everything in this picture but instead I'll tell you that this should have cost $35.34 and I paid $14.18. I saved over 50% by using coupons!! Ryan is going to be eating a lot of mac and cheese for lunch these days :)
------------
I've had better shopping sprees than this one but didn't take pictures of it and pictures make posts so much more interesting, don't you think?!
I have a coupon binder that I take with me to every store I go to just in case I see a great deal.

I've found a few blogs that have gotten me started on this whole money saving thing!
Check them out:
http://saveathomemommy.blogspot.com/
and
http://www.moneysavingmom.com/

7 comments:

the mccollums... said...

AHHHHH>...I"m so proud of you!! Great work and great post...love the pics of all the super savings. I totally want to be a coupon worker...I've know so many of my friends that are doing this, most of them have families. I don't think that it would work for us right now since I shop for only the 2 of us (remember those days?) and live in a condo with not much space. Hopefully when I get back from Africa I will be able to save more through coupon deals. Have you checked out the CVS stuff...apparently you can get stuff for free from there too if you work the system.

Anonymous said...

God bless ya Judy...I can't stand grocery shopping never mind cut coupons and keep track of them.

Maybe I'll send you all my flyers and my grocery list! So do you actually take both children (and nieces and nephews) plus the binder to the grocery store? That would be quite the "benture"

I am glad you are enjoying your new "hobby" and the savings are amazing! Have a super day!

-Laurie

Millicent said...

oh Judy, I am so very proud of you!!!! I haven't used my mac and cheese coupons yet, but i'm going to soon! Natalie loves mac and cheese so those cups are perfect!!!
YAY for your bargains!!

Millicent said...

oh...I love your binder! I'm still trying to figure out a system that works for me.

Ryan C said...

Good job Judy Girl...keep saving money!

Anonymous said...

Thanks so much for the link to my page! I am so excited to be starting my Summer of Sensational Giveaways tomorrow so make sure and check back so you can get in on the action! It is going to be a great prize! Let me know if you ever need any help or advice, I would love to help!

Anonymous said...

I love it that Ryan commented on this post.Isn't this his busy season? We are all proud of you for saving money. I need to start using the coupons instead of saving them for you and Amy.
Grandmom