Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Any thoughts?

This is a horrible picture, but the inside of both of McKenna's hands are peeling. I've never seen anything like it. It's like she got a sunburn (which she did not) on the palms of her hands and now they're peeling. I think it does bother her because I've seen her rubbing her hands together several times over the past week. I noticed her hands were feeling rough a few days ago and started putting lotion on them and now they're peeling. Hmmm....any thoughts? She isn't sick, other than a runny nose which is probably related to her latest teeth coming in. I don't know what to think.

5 comments:

Sarah Joy said...

ALLERGIES!

Lori said...

It's not the hand, foot, mouth disease, is it??? I have heard that is painful and it peels. Poor thing!!

Julie and Chris said...

Any recent strep?

Holly said...

I was thinking hand, foot, mouth disease. I got it about ten years ago. It comes with cold-like symptoms. My hands peeled and were the worst part. I had a few spots on my feet. I don't remember having anything in my mouth, but you might want to check her to be sure. If I remember correctly, it is just a virus and it goes away quickly, on its own. But...it is very contagious!

Of course, allergies are terrible right now. Ellie is now on allergy medicine. Maybe it could be allergies? I hope she feels better soon!

Jenn said...

i say hand foot and mouth too... poor thing :(