Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Christian's Birthday - Take 1

I have way too many pictures from Christian's birthday to fit into one post. I was going to do it as one post, but I never seem to have the time to get to just a major undertaking, so I'm going to do a whole series of Christian's birthday. Aren't you lucky!

Here we go...There was a certain little boy who woke up very, very excited that it was his birthday!
We had a special breakfast waiting for him; a powdered doughnut (one of his favorites) with a candle in it!
We sang Happy Birthday and he was thrilled. What a great way to start the day!

Here is my big 4 year old. He's just a tad bit excited!!

I love him!

Remember how he found his bike two days before his birthday?
Well, he kept telling me that I should find a better hiding spot like behind the couch. He told me multiple times that he wouldn't have found his bike if I had put it behind the couch. Hmmm...I don't quite agree with that thought, but just for fun we decided to hide his first present behind the couch. No time for doughnut eating when there is a present to find.

What could it be?

A new telescope for his swing set! His swingset is now a "fort" with a "look out tower."

And then a sad thing happened. We found a doughnut thief in our midst.
No one was really paying attention to McKenna and when we went back upstairs we found a trail of white powder (notice the face) and Christian's birthday doughnut, the only one we had, was missing. Actually there was a chunk left but Christian was way too disappointed to eat McKenna's left over crumbs. Woops! We learned our lesson...the girl loves doughnuts!


3 comments:

Katy said...

how in the world did you end up with only one donut? maybe that's big time self-control! Looks like his big day started off with a bang!

Aggiema (Michelle) said...

That is a forever story, if I ever heard one. Your family will tell that one for years to come and embarrass McKenna to death with it! She sure is a cute doughnut thief.

Anonymous said...

McKenna definitely loves her doughnuts! First the chocolate ones, not Christian's birthday donut!

Sweet storie!

Laurie