Monday, June 1, 2009

The "Benture"

Christian loves to go on adventures or "bentures" with his PopPop and Grandmom at their house. When we were on our way home on Saturday night Christian said, "Did you know PopPop and Grandmom's house is on sale? Can we buy it? I love it. I want to live there."

7am Saturday morning I was woken up by a little boy who was very happy to see me! I'm so glad he missed me because I missed him. But he had no intentions of staying in bed and snuggling he wanted to take me on a "benture." He was so proud of everything he learned and did while I was gone, so by 8:30am we were outside and he was taking me on a tour of all of his accomplishments. And you get to come along!"Mommy, I can ride Abby's big bike now."
"I can have races with PopPop on Abby's bike and I win."
"This is the worm I found. I call him wormie."

"Wormie lives in this house."
Don't you just love the rain boots with the shirt that's on backwards? I love it that he's so independent :)

More races with PopPop!

"This is the big swing Grandmom pushes me on."

"Sometimes I can twist around on this swing."

"Here's the giant mushroom PopPop and I found."

"I can climb this tree all by myself."

"I like this rock because it has stairs on it that are my size."

"I can jump down from here all by myself."
And that wraps up this "benture" but the thing that really surprised me was when he said, "This is Grandmom's favorite tree. It's a beech tree and she loves it." Hmm...you never know what he'll learn at my parents house.

Later that afternoon we headed to the playground at my old elementary school.

They never had fun stuff like this when I was there.

Christian had a blast visiting with my parents. Yesterday he said to me, "Mommy did you know that Grandmom makes me chocolate milk all the time, everytime I ask?" I think they were totally exhausted by the time we left, but it was a great time for everyone. And we'll be back there again next weekend!


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh so cute. So glad he had a great time while u were away. And boy is it true that you'll never know what little ones will learn while they are away. It's always something amazing though.
Lindsey

Anonymous said...

I am so excited that he is racing on his bike ...you won't be able to catch him now! I love all his "bentures". Whatr great memories he is making at his grandparents' home.

-Laurie