Saturday, June 20, 2009

Gloomy

That's how I feel today. I woke up to a pretty intense thunderstorm this morning and at first I thought it was Emma, Abby and Nate coming in the house to spend the day with us, but then I remembered that they're gone. They won't be in our house again until they visit in August. Our 'goodbye' last night was fairly quick and painless. We all just got in the car and drove to our last night of VBS. We were in a hurry and I was focused on the lesson that I needed to teach. Abby was the only one who got sad. When I left VBS we just gave a quick hug and said "see you later" and that was it. I think it was probably good to not have a whole bunch of drama. Christian still doesn't get it. On the way home in the car last night he told me we need to get some more goggles for the pool because he doesn't want to share his with Emma and Abby. He also told me he wanted to get another swim ring so Nate could have the green one. ((sigh)) He doesn't realize that he doesn't have to share anymore.
So today we have to begin to search for our new normal. It's time to take a few car seats out of the car and reclaim my trunk space (when I fold down that very back row of seats) for the first time in two years. I've already got a box and now I have to pack up their drawers with their clothes, their toys, their cups with their names on them and probably lots of random socks they seem to leave laying everywhere. And then I've got to take their bikes and scooters over to Amy's house so they can get packed on the moving truck.
Oh goodness...I need to stop thinking about all of this and just get on with my day. Time to get dressed and have some breakfast :)

6 comments:

anthonyandbeth said...

i'll be praying for you today!

Millicent said...

so sad! I was thinking about this last night at VBS, seeing you all. I thought about the kids not being around at church activities anymore :(
But at least they aren't moving lots and lots of hours away!

Katy said...

it's going to be quite an adjustment for all of you, I know. praying praying judy.

Anonymous said...

Sorry you're feeling so gloomy...that's how I felt when they moved near you. I'll be praying for you as you find your new normal.

-Laurie

Anonymous said...

My heart goes out to you, Judy. What a difficult adjustment this is for you all, especially Christian and McKenna. Bee and Joe still always talk about the Marshall kids, and it has been two years since they moved. The good news is that they really look forward to the visits, and jump right back into their old relationships. I will be thinking about you!

Love,
Christine

Brennan Blog said...

Hang in there!