Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Jesus Medicine

I was just checking in on our little friend Alex! He's the three year old son of one of Ryan's co-workers in Alabama. Alex is fighting a very long, hard and disheartening battle with leukemia. He's had one unsuccessful bone marrow transplant and they're trying to get him healthy enough to try it again. We have grown to love Alex and pray for him all the time.
Abby was sitting on my lap when I checked Alex's page today. I explained to her that Alex has cancer and that the medicine they're giving him does not seem to be working. Then Emma piped and gave us an entire lesson on why you loose your hair when you have cancer. Then Abby looked up at me with those big blue eyes so filled with innocence and she said; "Have they tried asking God to give him some Jesus medicine. Jesus medicine is the best kind and it always works."
We have been asking God to give Alex some Jesus Medicine. We've been asking since last September, but because of the FAITH of a child my heart has a little more HOPE now when I ask!
----------------------------------------------------
Matthew 17:20
He replied, "Because you have so little faith. I tell you the truth, if you have faith as small as a mustard seed, you can say to this mountain, 'Move from here to there' and it will move. Nothing will be impossible for you. "

2 comments:

Sarah Joy said...

that is just precious!

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad Abby knows Jesus and about His medicine. Praise God for His goodness!
Grandmom