Wednesday, March 25, 2009

A Different Kind of Vacation :)

Well, I am getting a little vacation in after all, just not the one I had planned. We did NOT get to go with Ryan to this fabulous little place this week. Ryan is there right now and tried to convince me that it wasn't that great after all. Sorry honey, I'm just not buying it! But my mom is here with me. I'm still super sick and I couldn't have made it through today without her. My doctor has been trying to figure out what's wrong with me because I've been sick since Saturday and not showing any signs of improvement. I don't think I've ever been sick like this before. It's all in my throat. My throat is so sore it feels like it's bleeding, thus making my ear feel like they're about to rupture. I can't even swallow my own spit without cringing! Sorry if that was too much information. And then there's the on and off fever and chills. And my throat also feels like it's closing in on me. Not fun! On Monday I was so sick and shaking uncontrollably and Emma had just gotten home from school. I told her I had to lay down and she would just have to take care of McKenna for me. And she looked at me with these scared eyes and said, "Is this when I should call 911? This is an emergency isn't it?" Poor girl. I think I scared her to death! She didn't call 911, she called her mom instead and told her to hurry up and get home! It was bad!
Tuesday I had to drag my dear children to the lab for some blood work. I thought it would be good for Christian to watch me give blood so he would know it's not something to be scared of. He gaged and almost threw up watching the blood come out of my arm. Not the reaction I was expecting. Tuesday night I was in so much pain I almost went to the ER, but instead I just took a pile of meds and suffered through the night.
This morning my doctor basically had me convinced that I had MONO. Ugh! That scared me to death. This time they sent me to the hospital for blood work. Suddenly a virus didn't sound so bad! I think I basically prayed for two hours straight while waiting for the results and Praise You Jesus, the results were NEGATIVE!
So the verdict is that I just have a virus and all the sudden I find myself being very thankful for that. I'm on some steroids now and I think they're making a huge difference. I can actually swallow. I've got ear drops, nose spray, Tylenol, Advil, Penicillin, Prednezon ((sp?)) and lots of jello and soup and I think I'll survive this after all! I even splurged and got some potato soup from Panera today. Have you ever had it? Yummo!
Tonight when I put my kids to bed I prayed so hard for them, just asking the Lord to put a hedge of protection around them. Asking him to keep them well and whole and strong. Asking him to be merciful to them and to spare them from this awful virus! And asking Him to help them to be patient with their mommy who just can't be super mom right now! Thankfully super Grandmom is here and I do believe she may have taught Miss McKenna how to go down the steps today! I've been trying that for weeks, but Grandmom just may have helped her figure it out!
I'm considering sending Christian home with my mom tomorrow. That would be a first for him. He has never spent the night away from home without me. He's spent the night in our house without me, but not at someone else's house (2 hours away). But I think he can handle it and I think it just might be what he needs right now. He's been very angry and frustrated lately and I think he just might need a change of scenery. I think it could be very good for both of us!
Well, enough of my rambling. Can you tell that I basically haven't talked much in the last four days? I know this was boring and didn't even have a picture! Don't you think posts are so much better with pictures? I do! But really, I've been laying in bed for days, nothing fun to take picturse of other than the amazing amount of laundry my mother did today! Now that was actually worthy of a picture! I totally should have thought of that earlier and taken one! Oh well!

6 comments:

Millicent said...

oh my goodness...I am going to be praying for you!! You know what I think (not that my opinion is worth much)...you've been taking such good care of everyone else who has been sick for so long, your poor body is just tired and doesn't feel like fighting off whatever you have. Get lots and lots of rest!
If you send Christian with your mom I bet he would have so much fun! It does sound like he needs a break.
((hugs))

Sarah Joy said...

I have been praying all hours of the day and night for you! Praying, crying and pleadingto God for you and the kids and Amy and YOUR MOM! I know the lord hears our prayers, it is hard to rest and wait on him to do the rest. Warren is praying too... he can't believe how familar this is, he just shook his head!

Aggiema (Michelle) said...

I am sorry that you are still sick and had to miss your trip with Ryan. I am sure that he isn't enjoying being there without you. It sure sounds like Strep throat but I guess a virus can mimic the symptoms. I think it would be great for Christian to go home with your Mom for a few days. It will be good for all of you. My parents kept my Daughter often when she was little, starting at about age 3 and she developed such a special bond with them. Hang in there sweetie, I am praying that you feel better soon!

Heather said...

I am so sorry you are feeling so terribly!! Hang in there, I am glad that your mom is there to help!!

Laurie in Ca. said...

Judy, I will be upping my prayers for you to get over this nasty virus. I could have sworn it sounded just like strep to me. And a sleepover adventure for Christian sounds good for him. They just don't understand who we are when we are sick:( I hope it is all good for you soon and I guess US grandmas are good for more than spoiling the kiddo's, right?

Love and Hugs, Laurie

Katy said...

oh judy - i'm anxious to hear that you are feeling SO much better this week...wondering if you really did send Christian with your mom (I hope that you DID) and took advantage of the time to get some much needed REST!!!