Sunday, March 22, 2009

From the mouth of Christian...

Today is my 31st birthday and since I've got strep throat it's been a very low key day. Not the day I had in mind, but we've decided to have a re-do later in the week! So we just ate dinner and here's what Christian had to say about my birthday.
"Mom, your birthday is not fun at all. I think it's boring. When are we going to do something fun? Let's play Candyland or something! I'll make you a new Mr. Potato Head for your birthday. Maybe Abby and Nate could come over for a party."
Personally I would prefer not to play Candyland, but we might do it anyway. I just can't get over the fact that I've been on an antibiotic for over 24 hours and I'm feeling worse instead of better. They gave me 500 mg of penicillin. I've never actually had straight penicillin before. Is it considered a "strong" antibiotic? I have no idea! I think I need something to really go after this infection and I'm not so sure that penicillin is getting the job done. It's perfectly fine with me to have a nothing sort of day because LOOK where we're going later in the week, if everyone is feeling good and as long as we get Emma's bus situation worked out for after school! Oh my kiddos had better be feeling good! Ryan was gone for 5 days last week for work and when he told me he had to travel again this week for three more days I just wanted to cry. Then he showed me where he had to go and I begged to go with him! So the kids and I will be hanging out at this awesome hotel while Ryan is trying to drum up business for his company! Bring it on! I'm ready to get outta here for awhile! We need a change of scenery!

11 comments:

The Chatt Pack said...

Happy Birthday! Maybe you can just pretend that it's another day - when you are feeling better ;o)

Jenn said...

happy birthday again! thanks for the tips for my blog. is there a better color i can use for the font, i can't really make the blue, green, or yellow match well. (i'm just not good at matching, lol)
btw, i am jealous of you staying at the hershey lodge...you have to get a chocolate spa treatment, it looks fun!

Anonymous said...

Judy,
Happy Birthday! Hope you are feeling better soon...it's good that you are getting away from the house for a few days :)

Last year after we visited with Amy and the kids...I got strep...I was in bed for 3 days...ugh! Get better soon.

Laurie

Lori said...

Happy Birthday!!!!

You will love staying at the lodge!!! I went when it first opened years ago!!! I can't wait to hear about it!!! I hope you are feeling better soon!!!

Brennan Blog said...

The Lodge looks wonderful! Have good time! I totally understand the need to get away!

Brennan Blog said...

The Lodge looks wonderful! Have good time! I totally understand the need to get away!

Laurie in Ca. said...

Happy Birthday Judy!!

So sorry you are feeling so Poopy! I think it usually takes about 48 hours for the meds to really start kicking in and taking charge:) I do hope you are getting better. The get away sounds good and what you need. I hope your day is a good one!! 31 is so young:)

Love and Hugs, Laurie

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday! I'm sorry you're not having an exciting day. Hopefully you will feel better soon! When I was little, I got strep throat all the time and penicillin didn't work for me. The doctors said I was "immune" to penicillin. I used amoxicillin and I always felt better within 24 hours of taking it. Maybe you need to try a different antibiotic? Hoping you feel better soon and enjoy your family getaway!

Sarah Joy said...

Call your DR and demand another drug... your are most definately not on the correct dose of pennecillian. I was on 1500 mg a day when I had strep back in Nov and that was still not the proper dose. My regular Dr said that they don't even use Penacillian to treat Strep anymore because there are much better drugs out there to reat it. I ended up needing three oral antibiotics adn one Rochephin shot to get rid of the strep infection. All that strep and there are no tonsils in my throat!!! I am very dilligent about the treatment of strep because of what happened to my Aunt when she was little. Please get the right medicine Judy, strep must be treated right. You should not be feelign worse and that was how I new they gave me the wrong meds and dose.. I was worse the next day and the next even worse.I am so praying for you!
Please rest and enjoy the time gone from home... I hope it makes up for today not being so grand:) Happy, happy birthday dear friend!

Heidi said...

Hey Judy! It just hit me that you have the same bday as Tanyon! We celebrated his bday last week so it took me a little while to make the connection. :) Praying that your feeling better soon and all will work out so that you can get away!

Courtney said...

happy late birthday!!! hope you're feeling better and that everyone stays healthy for your trip!!!