Monday, March 2, 2009

Fingerprint Friday

There is a song by Steven Curtis Chapman that says:

I can see the fingerprints of God

When I look at you

I can see the fingerprints of God

And I know its true

You're a masterpiece

That all creation quietly applauds

And you're covered with the fingerprints of God

So look around you and see where YOU can see God's fingerprints. Is it in nature? Kids? Animals? Where do you see them?

---------------------------------------------------

I know you're probably getting tired of hearing about how sick I've been this week, but here I go again. I've been sick for six straight days now and don't worry, I am getting better and you won't be hearing about this forever. But it's given me such perspective. This is really the first time I've been sick this winter and my sweet kiddos have been sick ALL winter. My precious McKenna has been sick for the majority of her short life. I have realized that I need to give my kids a lot more credit for being tough and for smiling and being fun even when they feel awful. I can see now how God's grace has really carried us this past year. McKenna had an ear infection for 5 months straight this fall and yet I have tons of pictures of her smiling! That's called the grace of God and when I look back I can see his FINGER PRINTS all over our days, our sleepless nights, our numerous doctor visits, the ridiculous fortune we've spent in co-pays and the countless times our bedtime prayers have asked Jesus for healing.


This picture was taken last weekend when Christian was super sick with a 103 degree fever and sore throat!

Enjoying his reward for taking his medicine! And this little boy has some serious FAITH. He always reminds me to pray for who ever is sick at night because he believes with all his heart that Jesus hears him and answers! I definitely see the fingerprints of God when I look in his eyes!


Pretty sad when your one year old knows just what to do with a stethoscope :) She hangs it around her neck or tries to put it on her ears as she crawls around the house!

Look at that precious face, that perfect skin, those delicate eye lashes and little button nose and just tell me if you see the fingerprints of God!

To join in "Fingerprint Friday" head on over to Beki's blog!

No comments: