Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Kicked Out!

Be Warned: Boring post with no pictures! I've got way too much time on my hands today :)
We've been kicked out of our house today - for the whole day! We're getting our kitchen counters resurfaced (as I've mentioned before). I'm really nervous about it. I hope I don't hate it! I'm nervous that I will. I tend to be pretty picky! I took some before pictures, so I'll have to do another before and after post. We may not be able to sleep at our house tonight because of the strong smell of the epoxy stuff they use, so things could get interesting. I'm hanging out at Amy's this afternoon while McKenna naps!
So around 9am we headed to the outlet mall which isn't the smartest place to go when the temperature is only 27 degrees and it's an outside mall. But I needed to get shoes for McKenna and wanted to go to Stride Rite. I officially win the WORST MOTHER IN THE WORLD award for the day! I had been putting size 3 shoes on McKenna and she's a size 5! I thought her feet were just wide - nope- just a little bigger than I was thinking. Poor girl! So she got some snazzy new sneakers and so did Christian. I'll have to post a picture later because I'm thrilled about Christian's shoes; no laces, no Velcro, they're slip on sneakers that actually don't fall off when you run. He can totally put them on by himself! Worth every dime of the $24.99 I spent!!!!
Then we went to McDonald's with a huge indoor playland and spent over an hour there. Christian practically had the entire place to himself. McKenna was a bit difficult because she wanted to crawl around and I was NOT about to let her CRAWL in a McDonald's. YUCK!
So now we're hanging out at Amy's. I should probably be productive and fold some laundry or something, but maintaining a perfect house over on my street is wearing me out! It's nice to just sit here and waste time (not that you guys are a waste of time)!! I'll let you know how the kitchen turns out.

No comments: