Monday, March 23, 2009

VIRUS

I hate that word! I saw my doctor today because I was feeling worse and worse and to my complete shock my strep test came back negative. My throat has never felt so horrible, so I was convinced it was strep. But apparently this is a virus that just has to run it's course. I'm still doubtful that the diagnosis is correct. After all the doctor giving me the diagnosis also told me that my tonsils looks really enlarged and swollen. I told her to look again since as of 1999 I DON'T HAVE TONSILS! "oh yeah, I guess your throat is just really swollen."
So I'm feeling a little better at the moment thanks to 1000mg of Tylenol and 800mg of Motrin. Ryan's leftover Percocet is looking awfully tempting at the moment. I'm sure I would have taken some last night when I was in sheer agony except of the fact that I usually get sick to my stomach with any kind of narcotic medication (I have my mom to thank for that :)
Our little get away later this week is starting to look like it's not going to happen :( and that makes me even more miserable! But I keep reminding myself that this can't last forever! So that's the update for now! Maybe tomorrow the news will be a little more cheerful!! Let's HOPE!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I will tell you that every two years since '98 I get the same sign and symptoms and this is the first time my strep culture came back positive. I have always been told it was a virus I am starting to believe it was just bad cultures. The actual ER doc did it this time and he told me I probably never had the right person do the culture and maybe he was right. Still hoping and praying for quick recovery because you deserve a sprig get-a-way.
Lindsey

The Chatt Pack said...

Gee. That has to make you feel confident with the doctor - huge tonsils that don't even exist. Nice. Praying that today brings some healing to everything and everyone!!! Take care.

Katy said...

oh judy - i just hate that you have been so sick over your birthday! that is absolutely the most depressing!!! ugh! and your doctor didn't make you feel much better with their crazy comments about the tonsils, etc!!! good grief - praying that tomorrow is a new day with new health!!!