Sunday, March 15, 2009

And now she has...

THRUSH! My poor baby can't catch a break. First she started with a virus and was throwing up, then she had the worst case of pink eye ever. Then she got a double ear infection, then strep throat and now THRUSH (in her mouth)! And I'm sure you don't want to hear about the diarrhea. You should see the dark circles under her eyes. It's sad! I might be an expert on pink eye, but thrush is something new for me. I have no idea what to do. I'm going to go pick up her medicine that our pediatrician so kindly called in and hopefully she won't continually re-infect herself with her binkie. I've rounded up all the binkies and sanitized all of them, so she gets a fresh clean one every few hours.
-------------------------------------------------------------
So here's what I've been thinking about today:
Romans 8:28 "And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose."
God has promised that when we love HIM that he works ALL THINGS for our good. Does that include sleepless nights, throwing up babies and now thrush? I believe that it does! I don't know how, but that's NOT for me to figure out. I could easily get discouraged. I could easily remind God just how many times I prayed when I was pregnant with McKenna that she wouldn't have ear issues. I could definitely ask WHY, but that's not my job! God's promises are promises. He's never broken one. I don't have to understand it, I just have to hold up my end of the deal and that is loving God!

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Judy,
I think you get thrush from being on antibiotics....ugh! No way around that if you have had strep, ear infections, etc.

Poor Mackenna...she must feel terrible. But I am sure she is still cute as ever.

-Laurie

the mccollums... said...

Oh wow, Judy...I'm so sorry for the on-going sickness. I am praying for McKenna and that her little body will get better soon.

Aggiema (Michelle) said...

Yes, I think Laurie is right about the Thrush. It is a yeast infection, just like some women get yeast infections when they take antibiotics. Poor baby and poor Mama! I hope all this passes soon and you all get some much needed rest. Try not to worry too much and just realize that you need to focus on getting McKenna well and everything else will either wait or fall into place later.

The Chatt Pack said...

Olivia gets thrush all the time from being on antibiotics and the ventilator. It is hard to get rid of, so keep up on sanitizing those pacis! Did they prescribe Nystatin? If you don't feel like that helps, ask to get some Diflucan(sp.) It gets the job done if the Nystatin doesn't cut it. Just be thankful you aren't nursing;)

Courtney said...

wow. your faith is amazing. praying for you guys! the constant sickness gets SO old...

Sarah Joy said...

Okay... thrush... Ri had that one at five days old, it is nasty. One thing to be thankful for... you are not nursing! Get her some probiotics right away Judy, her body needs this bad. You can get them at GNC, Walmart or Target. They make them for kids adn and they are chewable. Scott uses them everytime he is sick and it really helps the tummy deal with all the meds!The anitbiotics strip the good and the bad stuff and the probiotic will help balance it back out. It should help the diareah. They are over the counter. Reagan loves them and thinks they are candy! I keep them in my frig, for adults and kids right next to my eggs! Sanitize the toys as well that she puts in or near her mouth so the other kids don't get it.
I will continue to pray... I knwo you must feel weary... remember the verse that says not to grow weary in doing good because in the right time you will reap a harvest! Judy, hold on because your time of harvest is due! The seeds you are sowing will flourish as you remain faithful and just know that you are held up in my prayers.
I was praying for you this morning and asking the Lord to please give you the best birthday ever... a healthy house full of happy children! Seriously, I was thinking about what I could do for you and all that came to mind was seek the Lord for the health of those kids! I love you.

Millicent said...

I second the probiotics. And i'm emailing you about Gentian Violet. That was an answer to prayer for us when dealing with thrush!

Heidi said...

Oh Judy! Poor McKenna and Mommy! I'm praying for that sweet little one and strength for her Momma. Keep holding to Christ for strenth and understanding!

The Kirkland's said...

OMG Poor McKenna..she just can't catch a break bless her heart!!I'll be praying for her and your family.

the mccollums... said...

i just did a lot of research on a no-yeast diet...long story...but they talk about probiotics a lot in it...good for you stuff! Good recommendation Sarah.