Saturday, March 21, 2009

Longing for the Good Old Days

I have finally succumbed to sickness! Somehow I made it through a winter of taking care of sick kids and I've hardly been sick. But now I've got strep throat. Christian spiked a fever tonight and he's got it too. I'm sure of it, even though we didn't see the doctor! Every time he's ever complained of a sore throat it's been strep. Thankfully the pediatrician called in a prescription for Christian and I've got one too! I hope we're feeling better by tomorrow. Christian slept all afternoon, so now he's wide awake and is watching Caillou. I can't handle one more minute of Caillou (have you ever noticed how whiny his voice is?), so that's why I'm blogging! Ryan just got home from a grocery store run. We can't run out of orange juice because that's the only way Christian will take medicine. So we're back to the ridiculous bribes to get him to take his medicine. Whatever it takes! Our little cousin Zavier spent the day in the hospital with breathing issues. He's home now, but still wheezing terribly. So pray for him, he's not even a year old yet! I hate it that this blog is turning into a journal of all our medical issues, but I guess that's just where we are in life right now. Sorry it's so depressing! Not to worry, pretty soon I'll be posting about sprinklers, bubbles, wading in the creek, lots of bare foot feet, days that don't require coats, bike riding adventures, swinging and a little girl toddling around the yard! Oh I can't wait! Here's a little flashback from the good 'ol days:

5 comments:

Laurie in Ca. said...

I am so sorry that you are sick. This has been a miserable winter for so many families. The good old days are right around the corner for you Judy, really they are!! I'll be praying for you to get well quick. Spring IS here, just not in full force yet. Have a rest filled weekend and get well.

Love and Hugs, Laurie

Anonymous said...

Judy...
Praying
for healthy children and you
for no more sickness in your
house
for sunny, warm days
for smiling, playful children
for strength for you and Ryan

-Laurie

Heather said...

I love summer, it's by far my favorite season. It will be here soon, hang in there and get well!

Anonymous said...

I am so sorry to hear you are sick. Strep is the pits too. Lots of sleep and fluids. I am with you and that desire for spring weather to be here. Hope you all get better and stay well.

Anonymous said...

Sorry just getting use to this blogging thing. I keep forgetting to add my name so that last one is from me --Lindsey