Thursday, March 5, 2009

The Adventure Continues

Surprise! I'm at my parent's house right now! Since we had our counters resurfaced yesterday we knew that the smell in our house was going to be pretty strong for awhile. So yesterday I spent the day at Amy's house and last night we went out to dinner and hung out at Target for awhile. Then we headed home and started getting the kids ready for bed. I really didn't think the smell would be that strong in their rooms because I had kept the doors closed. WRONG! It was like sniffing crazy glue. So McKenna fell asleep after being very fussy all night and I told Ryan that I just didn't think we should spent the night in our house. It worried me to have the kids exposed to those kinds of chemicals. So at 9:40pm we decided to hit the road. Christian had developed pink eye earlier in the day. And this wasn't your typical pink eye! I would refer to it as pink eye on steroids. Ugh! And earlier in the night Amy had called me to thank me so much for passing it onto Emma. And I was just starting to see signs of it in one of McKenna's eyes. So we couldn't just call a friend and crash in their basement. So we hit the road to head to my parents at 9:45pm. We brought Em along since she wouldn't be going to school. Then the real excitement began. I thought everyone would sleep. WRONG! Kind-0f hard to do when McKenna is throwing up next to you. I changed her outfit three times during our two hour trip. And then I had to empty the baby wipe container so Christian could use that as his throw-up bucket (you know how it is when you see and smell someone else throw up)! You know my parents were excited to have six little pink eyes and a throwing up baby show up at the house at midnight last night! McKenna continued to get sick for another hour and her eye is practically swollen shut today. Christian's is about the same. So we're waiting for a call back from the pediatrician. I'm almost out of my secret stash of antibiotic pink eye ointment that I've kept in stock (by working the system) ever since Abby and Nate started daycare. Thankfully A & N seem to be okay so far, but Amy's treating them anyway. We don't mess around with pink eye! I've even been treating myself :)
So that's our latest excitement. I'll have to tell you about the counters later ( let me just say Katy - I think you made the right choice in just replacing yours)!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, Judy! I'm so sorry. Wow, when it rains it pours. Thank God for parents, who will never turn us away! Anna

Sarah Joy said...

no words for you right now... none at all... welll I am thinking some in my head but I wouldn't dare say them out loud yet alone post them on a family friendly blog!!!!!!!!!
WHEN WILL IT END????? I love you my freind:)

Heather said...

OH-MY-GOODNESS

The Chatt Pack said...

Ugh.

The Kirkland's said...

Oh my goodness..I will definentally be praying for your family!!

Anonymous said...

We loved having all of you visit, but were very sorry for the reason.
Grandmom

Anonymous said...

Oh dear, that's not too good that your house smells so strongly of chemicals! I hope it dies down soon and it's safe to move back in!