Thursday, December 1, 2011

December 1st - Make his NAME KNOWN!!!

Check out this verse......

Isaiah 12:4
In that day you will say: "Give thanks to the LORD, call on his name; make known among the nations what he has done, and proclaim that his name is exalted."

When I read it, I get excited!! That verse is going to be my focus for this month. My job as a mommy and daughter of Christ is to "make known what he has done." It's especially important to do this in my own home. I've got to make sure my kids "get" that December is all about Jesus and what HE did for us by coming to earth to be our Savior!!

I am totally running behind. I am not ready for Dec. 1st, so I've got to scramble today. I've got big plans, I just need to make them happen! I need to get the Jesse Tree up and we're going to start something new that I'm calling "Love Jesus, Love Others." It's been brewing in my head for a few weeks now.....It's pretty much the same thing as what Courtney's doing with her 24 acts of Kindness with her kids. My goal is to teach my kids that Jesus did something HUGE for us and the way we can thank him is by loving and blessing other people. That if we love Jesus our love for others should naturally flow out of our hearts. But they're 6 and 3 and there is a serious lack of love sometimes. If I were being honest, I'm 33 and I have a serious lack of love sometimes.....so we're working on it :)

How are you "making his name known" this month????

1 comment:

Sarah Joy said...

I love both yours and Courtney's ideas... very good ideas and her clothespins are adorable. i might be stealing those for other things around here. I love cute clothespins!!! But back to the real part of the post... I am trying to decide how we are living out Jesus this year still... a little behind with all I have had going on and don't want to overwhelm myself. I want it to be real and simple. Last year we had one big thing we did each week ending with serving the homeless breakfast on Christmas morning, it was amazing. This year we are for sure having a family in our home on Christmas day and taking them to church with us that afternoon... I struggled to open my home and do that on a day that I wanted to keep to us but really felt led to share what we had on a day that we were given the greatest gift. Leading up till then I don't know how we will be sharing Jesus but I am sure I will come up with some other things to do. I just keep telling myself it is never too late to share him, so don;t worry Jude we aren't behind... we will be right on time for that person that God sends us to this Christmas!