Saturday, November 26, 2011

Giving Thanks

For the first time in my married life we didn't travel for Thanksgiving. We usually go visit Ryan's family in Illinois and we certainly missed them this year. Christian actually cried when I told him we weren't going. Then he started missing all the things he missed. Very sad, but also precious that he loves our Illinois family so much. I am so thankful for the traditions and memories we have with that side of our family even though we don't see them too often.

So this year was low key and pretty relaxing. We headed over to my parent's house in the afternoon for dinner. My mom did ALL the work and set a beautiful table that included some lovely place cards made by Christian and some classic turkey place-mats created by McKenna. The meal was delicious (even if my kids did not agree) and it was fun to celebrate with Will sitting like a big boy at the table. It was so nice to be able to spend a Thanksgiving with my parents and I'll admit...it was so nice not to be driving for hours and hours!!!!

I went Black Friday shopping for the first time in my life and I was soooo successful and I LOVED it. I couldn't even believe how successful I was! There was one thing that I scored and it was a complete miracle. My friend even said "I think God wanted you to have that." Ha! I am all about sleep deprivation if it means a good deal!

1 comment:

Sarah Joy said...

It sounds wonderful! I so wish we lived near each other to Black Friday shop together!!!