Wednesday, November 23, 2011

You'd better watch out....

Will is on the move!!!

That boy is FAST! He has a serious army crawl going on these days. And he loves doors. He's great at shutting a door and crawling up right on the other side of it, so you can't get in the room without banging into his head. I can't even tell you how many times I've had to squeeze McKenna thru a little crack in the door, so that she can go in and pull him away from the door so I can open it. It's fun!

I'm nervous, nervous, nervous about all the random things Will keeps putting in his mouth. He was chewing on a Dora bandaid the other day.  It's a whole different ball game when you have big kids and a baby. And we've never lived in this house before with a crawling baby, so I've got to think through some baby proofing strategies.

So the other day I pick up Will to change his diaper and he had blood all over himself. Smeared on his face, hands, arm, clothes and the rug. My heart started racing as I tried to figure out what was bleeding. I soon realized that he had a cut on his hand. He never cried and didn't even seem to notice. So I put a bandaid on his hand (which he promptly chewed off, next time we're going to try liquid band aid). Then I went back downstairs and started crawling around on the floor trying to figure out what he got into that cut his hand.

That's when I found this.....
A tiny bit of blood was smeared on the heat register. I guess that's where this incident started. Now how am I going to keep him away from those things?? They're all over our house.

The next few months are going to be quite an adventure with Will!