Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Florida: Day 4.....the saga

 I'm not sure who loved the waves more...McKenna or Ryan! I could actually hear them laughing all the way from the balcony of our condo. McKenna loved going out in the "big Kahuna" with her daddy.
 Christian loved it too! He kept telling me over and over again..."the waves were even over daddy's head. He had to jump or we would have gone under." This was very impressive to him.
 I love this picture!
This guy LOVED his boogie board. And when he wasn't down on the beach catching a wave, he would sit on the balcony and scope out good spots to boogie board. He is obsessed with boogie boarding. If you want to hear about it, just stop by sometime. He'll be sure to tell you ALL ABOUT IT!!

Day four was my first visit to the lovely Urgent Care center of New Smyrna Beach. Will got some steroids to help with his croup. On the evening of day four McKenna was having massive coughing fits and Ryan looked at me and said "I think you took the wrong kid to Urgent Care." So the next day (day 5) I took McKenna. She was diagnosed with pneumonia. The doctor looked at me and said "Are you guys on vacation?" When I replied "yes" he said..."Well, I'm going to give her everything I can to try to keep her out of the hospital, but if she doesn't stop wheezing in 24 hours you need to take her to the ER."  Her oxygen stats weren't great, so it was concerning. So McKenna got a shot of Rocephin (which she later had a reaction too! very scary. She was screaming about her throat hurting and being tight.) She was put on an oral antibiotic and an oral steroid. And she had two different breathing treatments to do. Oh my word I was SO STRESSED OUT! McKenna is not great with taking medicine...we've been doing a lot of bribing. And she wears her swimming goggles when she gets breathing treatments because she can't stand it when the "steam" goes in her eyes...which it wouldn't if she would just do it right...but you know....
Unfortunately, that was not our last visit to Urgent Care....
to be continued...
this sounds like the worst vacay ever doesn't it???

1 comment:

Holly said...

Oh my word. I just got back from Florida and I'm catching up on some blog reading. I can't believe you would leave us all hanging at this point... I hope it didn't get too much worse! We were praying for your kiddos that whole week (based on your FB posts). Kate is still asking God to heal Christian and bring him home from the hospital (even though I've told her a million times that Christian is all better)! Can't wait to read about Day 5!