Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Just Have to Document it!

McKenna's Official First Steps:
Saturday, April 26th
She took two steps towards me. She didn't realize she did it and I could not get her to repeat it and there were no witnesses.
Official First Steps for Real:
Wednesday, April 29th
McKenna grabbed Daddy's ear buds for his iPod off the desk and stood there on her own playing with them. She didn't realize she was standing on her own and when I put my hands out for McKenna to walk to me she did it. Daddy was standing there and saw the whole thing. We looked at each other is disbelief (I think we've been wondering if this girl was ever going to walk) and immediately plopped ourselves down on the floor to see if we could get her to do it again. We didn't dare take the ear buds out of her hands and she proceeded to walk back and forth between us for the next 20 minutes. She took about 4 or 5 steps on her own at a time. Christian heard us cheering and laughing and got out of bed to join us. Then McKenna started walking towards him because he had Thomas on his pjs (Thanks Jake & Nikki - who knew those pjs would help get McKenna walking) and she loves Thomas. It was so cute how she would tumble into Christian's arms when she got to him. Can you tell that I'm just a tad bit excited? I can't wait to see if she'll do it again tomorrow.

6 comments:

Aggiema (Michelle) said...

Way to go Miss McKenna! Watch out world, she is on the move now!

Lori said...

YAY McKenna!!! Watch out, Judy...I just KNOW she will be going everywhere tomorrow!!! Now I REALLY wish I were going to Mom's Connect in the morning!!

Heidi said...

Yeah McKenna!! I know you've been waiting for this day Judy. So excited for you!

Heather said...

Yay McKenna! WHat a big girl. It'll be so much easier to walk in a dress than crawl, especially for the summer...but here come some scraped up knees!

Millicent said...

Yay!!! I saw her on church Sunday and she looked so cute. I'm usually in the nursery feeding or changing Mason when Ryan brings her in. Maybe this week she'll be on the other side running around!

Katy said...

hooray! the world is a new place now! And btw, callie loves to listen to my ipod too - she thinks all my praise & worship music is DADDY singing! :)