Tuesday, April 14, 2009

14 Months Old & Other Random Stuff

First of all, my apologies if you logged onto my blog earlier and it was a disaster! I was working on my makeover and my computer froze, McKenna got hurt, I had to change a diaper and a few other things happened all in the middle of the makeover. So after rebooting my computer and handling the crisis of a 14 month old, I am now done! Do you like it? I love the new colors. It's very springy! I always think about changing the settings and making my blog private while I'm messing around with it, but then I think some of you might panic and think that you're not invited to read my blog anymore! So every now and then you just might see a mess :) By the way, sometimes new people leave me comments and seem to feel that they need to explain how they found my blog or they feel like they need to admit that they've been "stalking my blog" for awhile. Silly, silly...my blog is OPEN for a reason. Obviously I enjoy the fact that people read it! I still can't believe that people think our daily grind is that interesting, I guess it's probably encouraging to other moms to read about my son who is a behavioral challenge to me daily, my daughter with her health issues, and the absolute comedy that ensues when the cousins arrive and give me five to deal with!! But just for the record, I love sharing life with you! So stalk away, or leave a comment. You know, comments make my day!

This is my most favorite header that I've ever made. It was for my friends Sarah! She has a new one now, but I loved this one! Do you need a blog makeover?? I love doing it and I'm learning new things everyday! I'm so proud of myself that I just did my own makeover and I didn't loose any of my page elements! Yippee! Anyway, if you want a makeover just give a donation (Suggested donation is $20.00) to my friend Jamie heading to Malawi, Africa and then email me to let me know that you did it! Then we can start planning your makeover!

Now, onto my big 14 month old girl!

McKenna is learning all kinds of new tricks these days. She can safely go up and DOWN the stairs. She finally figured out how to get herself turned around at the top of the steps and then she goes down on her belly. We don't have any baby gates up anymore.
McKenna is done with baby food and pretty much eats everything we do. Her favorite thing is lunch meat and cheese. She has that just about everyday for lunch.
McKenna loves Mickey Mouse Clubhouse & Dora the Explorer. That's about the only TV she'll pay attention to.

McKenna got a Dora doll for Easter and she immediately said "Dorda."

She loves babies and does a great job taking care of them.
McKenna gets into everything! Every cabinet, toy box, crayon box, etc...anything that can be opened - will be opened by this girl.
She loves the bathroom, especially the toilet paper.
She weights 21 lbs and sleeps from about 10:30pm to 7:30am. Yeah, you read that right. She's not much of a sleeper, I wish she would go to bed earlier, but I'm thrilled with how she's doing right now. It's a totally different story when she's sick.
And here's our biggest praise: McKenna got over her last "cold" all by herself! She was extremely congested and was wheezing terribly but we handled it on our own (no doctor) with nebulizer treatments! Yay!!
McKenna is quite the talker, but she only says "mama" when she needs something. Ha! McKenna even says "Christian" although it doesn't sound like it, but I've noticed that she makes the same two syllable sound for Christian every time she sees him or talks to him!
So that's the latest on my girl!


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Luv the new blog! Great springy colors. I can't wai to get a blog lesson from you in May. I have so many questiosn to ask.

McKenna is such a cutie and getting so grown up. Thanks for keeping your blog open for those of us who like to stalk.

-Laurie

Courtney said...

you are amazing at all the makeover/blog stuff!!! i don't know how you find the time to do it! this one looks so fun! and YAY for McKenna getting over her cold on her own1!!

Anonymous said...

I really like your new blog design. You just get better and better. The pictures of the children are wonderful!
Love, Grandmom

Sarah Joy said...

Love the new colors! They look great and the header! I still love our old header too--- it is SO cute! Now whenever I take a picture of the four men together I think of our headers! So funny!
McKenna looks way too big and so, so sweet... can you ship her here for a few weeks?