Monday, April 27, 2009

Whew...

I'm glad this day is over. The weather was gorgeous and I hardly got to enjoy it, but that's okay the kids had a great day. I fussed at them way too much. I hardly let Abby and Christian in the house, but I could hear giggling through the sliding glass door so I don't think they were too bothered by it. I had planted some grass where we had our pool up last year. I no longer have any faith that the grass will ever grow. Abby and Christian spent a significant portion of their outside time watering my grass, despite the fact that they were specifically told not to even go near the baby grass. It turned into a complete mud hole. PopPop would not be happy :(
The seat cushion on the glider rocker in McKenna's room had a milk stain on it, so I decided it needed to be washed. I put it in the washing machine on the gentle cycle (I've done this successfully before with other cushions from the glider rocker) and the cushion came out shredded. It looks awful and probably can't be salvaged. Then my glider rocker was looking ridiculous, so I put a couch pillow on it and covered with a quilt that matched McKenna's crib bedding, but it looked even more ridiculous. So I called Ryan to complain and he told me to put the rocker in the garage to hide it. I didn't have the energy for that, so I just ended up with a silly looking chair as the focal point of McKenna's room. Oh well, such is life!
The house showing was at 4:00pm and we pulled out of our driveway at 3:55pm. I felt like I was about to hyperventilate but the house really did look perfect (except for the chair of course). I even spot cleaned the carpet and hid the laundry basket in the crawl space. The kids were excited to be "super sleuths" so we spied on the realtor and potential house buyers. They looked young, like first time home buyers. I haven't heard anything from our realtor so we'll see what happens! After a short time of spying we headed to McDonalds and everyone got an icecream cone. I had a looming feeling that ordering 5 ice cream cones and a milkshake (for McKenna) would be a very, very bad idea, but it actually wasn't a disaster. After everyone got their cone, I drove as fast as I could to the duck pond and we ate our ice cream there. There was one other mom there and I was mortified when I realized that I knew her. Of all things. Ugh...me with no shower, no make-up, snot and who knows what else on my shirt, and I didn't even have my sunglasses b/c I couldn't find them... it was delightful. She was kind and didn't remark about my disheveled appearance and she hoped into her Ford Mustang convertible and drove off with her well behaved children. Ha! It was amusing!
Olivia came thru her surgery well but not without a little drama. You can check her blog for the details but I am praying that having a trach will allow her body to heal quickly so she can go home :) Thanks for praying for her!
Sorry my posts have been so "wordy" lately! I've got so many cute pictures to share, I just haven't had time to upload pictures. Tomorrow - I promise!! McKenna wore the cutest outfit on Sunday and you've got to see it!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well, it sounds like a craze day. Hope the rest of the week won't be so craze. Hope all went well with the showing and that you will sell your house very soon.
Lindsey

Heather said...

I am tired just reading your post, but I am so glad everything worked out ok. I hope today is MUCH more laid back and relaxing for you!!!

Katy said...

so funny about your spying!!! :) sometimes all you can say about a day is "i'm glad it's over!"