Saturday, April 4, 2009

Family Day

Christian pretty much spent the first four hours of the day driving around in one of his vehicles. I thought it was pretty clever when he started pulling the sled around, although I'm glad none of his cousins were here to catch a ride. I'm not sure that would be so safe!

Then we went bowling. Christian has been bowling before, but not that he remembers, so this was his first real bowling experience.

He LOVED the shoes!

McKenna was very intense about watching the whole thing!

Christian was actually pretty good. I hate to say it, but his final score was not that far off from mine :)

Every time he would knock over a pin he would jump up and down and shout "I won."

Ryan is a pretty good bowler so I have to have a pretty good sense of humor about the whole thing because he absolutely creams me.


Then we headed to Friendly's for dinner. Christian took a few pictures while we were waiting for our food.
Ryan thinks he's artistic because he likes to take "still life" photos. Hehe!
Oh look! It's a rare picture of me! I think Christian actually got a pretty decent picture of me.

McKenna colored for the first time while we were waiting for our food. She actually knew what she was doing. It was great as long as we kept the binkie in her mouth, otherwise the crayon became an appetizer!

I love these two!
Um Yeah... still can't believe we let him get that. AND we let him bring it home in the car. Believe it or not, that turned out okay!
I hope you had a fun Saturday! We sure did!


5 comments:

the mccollums... said...

FUN FUN...love the bowling pics!! Christian is looking very grown up lately in his pics!

Katy said...

we went bowling on a family night last year and it was a HUGE hit! the bumper pads in the gutters totally helped my score! :) gotta love that ice cream cone - i could totally go for one now!

Heidi said...

Looks like a super fun day!! Christian looks like he had tons of fun! Isn't great to be able to do things with the kids now that they're getting older!!

The Marklund's said...

ha ha, is that the secret of keeping certain things out of baby's mouths? unfortunately sophie doesn't get the concept of binkies. :) looks like a fun day!

Heather said...

woah! You were brave to let him bring that in the car!