Monday, April 20, 2009

Rewind

Sorry about this but I've got to rewind a little and play catch up. I'm doing this mainly for the purpose of my blog book. Just a few memories I want to record. So here we go...rewind all the way back to Easter weekend!

The Saturday before Easter we woke up to rain which meant no Easter Egg Hunt at church. It was disappointing but I had a great back up plan. One of the traditions in my family is to have a scavenger hunt on Easter to find your Easter surprise. Thankfully our cousins Gracey and Zavier had spent Christian and McKenna Easter surprises. So I made up some clues for Christian (and Daddy) to follow. He ran up and down the stairs looking in all sorts of random places.

Showing off some of his clues. Since he can't read and I'm a horrid artist, Daddy had to tag along to help decifer my very pathetic clues.
TaDa!! He finally found his surprise in the wagon in the garage. Thanks Aunt Lindsey and Uncle Beez for the special treats!
Christian and McKenna loved their surprises from their Illinois cousins.
--------------------------------------------------
On Sunday after church, Christian knew just what to do with his clues. Thankfully this scavenger hunt could take place outside, although I did make him go in the house to find some clues too.
After finding a clue on top of the slide he was off again!

He finally found his Easter basket hidden under the patio table!
That was fun!
Monday morning rolled around and the first thing Christian wanted to do was another scavenger hunt. I had just finished explaining that Easter was over and that we should be thankful for the special things we got and not always ask for more and at that moment the door bell rang. The mailman left a package from Grammy and Grampy on the front porch. Christian was thrilled!! So I opened the package and hide all his treats around the house and we had our third scavenger hunt! My boy had quite an Easter. Thanks Grammy and Grampy for the special surprise. When Christian got home from his trip to your house he said "Oh, I can't believe I forgot." And I asked him what he forgot. "I forgot to thank Grammy and Grampy for my prizes."
-----------------------------------------
Speaking of Christian's trip to Illinois. I must start by saying that my dear husband who I love with all my heart, is not much of a photographer. He took this nice picture of Christian standing in the parking lot of the hotel.

A nice picture of Christian outside the stadium.

Someone took this great picture of Ryan with his college roomate, Graham! Graham is a baseball coach at Notre Dame.

A random picture of Gracey and Christian playing on the seats at the stadium.
And that's it! That's all the pictures from his trip.
I'm so glad I deleted all of our other pictures off the memory card before he left, so he would have plenty of room to take lots of pictures! Ha!
Not one picture of cousin Zavier.
Not one picture of Grammy and Grampy.
No tractor or go-kart pictures.
Let's just say, Ryan would not be a good blogger.
Good thing he married me :)


3 comments:

Katy said...

Good thing he married you is RIGHT!!! :) I'm actually sort of impressed that he thought to take any of the pictures that he did!!!!

Sarah Joy said...

Good thing he is married to you and there just couldn't be two of you in the marriage! It looks like much fun was had despite the lack of pictures for all of us to see:)

Anonymous said...

Great pictures! Scavenger hunts are so much fun! We had three hunts with the Marshalls.
Grandmom