Saturday, April 11, 2009

The Lord is Risen

I feel like I should have something super profound to say about Easter! I mean for goodness sake it's only the most important day in history. But I don't have anything super spiritual or earth shattering to say.
I just love Jesus.
He really is my best friend.
He is as real to me as these keys I'm typing on.
This past year or so has been a spiritual roller coaster for me. Great highs, terrible lows, so much stretching and growing. I feel like I've been getting to know my savior all over again. I need Him now in a way I never realized before. I guess with age comes the realization of how everything can change in a blink. Bad things happen that we have no control over. I've struggled with that. I like control (why else would I rearrange the dishwasher whenever someone else loads it). Sin happens and I can't stand that! I hate sin so much. Don't even get me started. I hate my sin, I hate what sin does to families, I hate how sin hurts the innocent, I hate how lasting the consequences of sin is.
But I'm so thankful that Jesus overcame sin. Thankful that I'm forgiven. Thankful that I can cry {literally} out to Jesus anytime. I've been doing my fair share of that over the past year and Jesus has taken those broken moments, those moments of my heart having no where else to turn and he's turned them into this beautiful, deep relationship that I now have with Him. I used to pray only when it was necessary or at traditional times like meals or when I told someone I would pray for them. But now I feel like I have this precious dialog that's on going, each day. Prayer has become weaved into my life in a way that I never knew was possible.
I want to make sure that I'm not misrepresenting what I'm saying...I have a long way to go and grow. My attempts at daily devotions are completely lame. I wish that I spent consistent time in God's word, but I don't. The list of sin in my life is long and far reaching. My family can attest to that. All you have to do is ask any of the children in my life when the last time I had to apologize to one of them was and I'm sure they would tell you it was today, maybe yesterday.
But back to what I'm trying to say....I guess I just want you to know is that the same Jesus who died and who is currently alive, sitting at the right hand of God...that guy loves you and wants to be a part of your daily life. Not for His own selfish reasons but because life is so much better when you let Him be a part of it!
Matthew 28:6
"He is not here; he has risen, just as he said."

No comments: