Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Road Trip

Believe it or not my boys are on a road trip right now. Just Daddy and Christian. The girls were not invited, although I don't mind one bit. I think this is great for Christian and McKenna would have been miserable. Way too much driving in a very short amount of time! Christian is great in the car, McKenna is horrible! The boys left last night around 6pm and drove for about 4 hours. They spent the night in a hotel last night and evidently are having a blast! They started off the day with a trip to the hot tub (Christian didn't want to get in the pool). They are heading to White Sox stadium today in Chicago(I don't know what the stadium is offically called). Ryan's college roommate coaches baseball at Notre Dame and their team is playing in Chicago so Ryan decided to go to the game and then onto his parent's farm in Illinois for a quick visit. They'll be home on FRIDAY night! That's right, I said "Friday." That means they'll be driving about 27 hours in less than four days. McKenna could NOT have handled that!
Christian is NOT excited about the baseball game, much to Ryan's dismay, but he can't wait to get to Grammy and Grampy's house! And then there's his cousin Gracey! He can't stop talking about seeing her! So this is great for him! I'm so glad that he knows and loves our Illinois family! We all work hard to make sure Christian knows them despite the distance. He loves to get cards and packages from them and he has pictures of everyone in his room.
Ryan's got the camera, so I should have some fun pictures to post when they get back!
I miss my boys and shockingly Nathan misses Christian too. He got all sad this morning that Chrish wasn't here. I actually thought he was going to cry for a minute. Crazy, but so good that those boys love each other despite all the arguing!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Gracey is so excited to see Christian and the baseball game. She likes going to baseball games we have the Peoria minor team to the Cubs and we see them 2-4 time a year and she loves it.
Lindsey

Heidi said...

Wow! How exciting!! I don't know if Adam would be that brave. Enjoy your time with one less child!