Monday, April 27, 2009

In a Panic....

I just got a call from our realtor and we have a showing this afternoon! My house is a disaster! I've got a one year old trailing me like a tornado, destroying everything she can get her hands on. The three preschoolers are outside for the moment. I've given them free reign over the hose and lots of buckets and squirt bottles so hopefully they'll be entertained for a good long while. They're caked with sunscreen so I'm leaving them out there as long as possible
In the meantime:
make beds
bathrooms
windows
vaccuum
put clean laundry away
scrub kitchen floor
put out the nice towels
arrange pillows on the couch
pick up toys
turn the AC up!!!
organize the toys in the garage
pull weeds in the front flower bed
take all the junk off my desk and hide it
get dressed at some point
feed children
change diapers
empty dishwasher and refill with dishes from lunch
take a deep breath
okay - let's sell this house

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Judy I hear you loud and clear! Having a house on the market is insanity! My morning now consists of Get up mop floors, vaccum, dust, threaten child within inches of their dear lives should they destory it. You can do it, keep your eyes on the prize!

Katy said...

it's awful isn't it? and the kids are never quite as cooperative when all of a sudden there's a showing on the horizon! anxious to hear how it went for you!

Alicia said...

I'm right there with you Judy! We had a showing on Friday, a photographer for the Homes Guide on Saturday, and an open house Sunday. Ugh, the stress. I considered making everyone sleep outside all weekend!