Wednesday, April 15, 2009

{ Praying God's Word for Olivia }

Read my previous post before you read this one!
--
As soon as I read the latest update on Olivia I decided to spend the next hour praying for her. So I prayed and cried and called my mom and cried and prayed and ran out of words and just sat there. Sometimes I'm at a loss for words when my heart is so heavy. Do you know what I mean? So then I started searching the scriptures for something that I could pray for Olivia. When in doubt or if you don't know what to say or if prayer is something uncomfortable for you one of the easiest things to do is pray God's word. I'm going to share what I came up with and I would ask you to join me in praying these scriptures for Olivia! I know, I'm being BOLD asking that, but this is so close to my heart right now, I just have to ask. So would you join me in praying these scriptures for Olivia and her family today and for the next couple of days? I'm going to list the scriptures first and then I'll post a prayer that I came up with from the scriptures. As I'm praying for Olivia I will probably say the scripture and the prayer.
--
Psalm 41
"Blessed is he who has regard for the week;
the Lord delivers him in times of trouble.
The Lord will protect him and preserve his life;
he will bless him in the land.
The Lord will sustain him on his sickbed
and restore him from his bed of illness."
--
Psalm 103: 1-3
"Praise the Lord, O my soul;
all my inmost being, praise His holy name.
Praise the Lord, O my soul,
and forget not all his benefits -
who forgives all your sins
and heals all your diseases."
--
Psalm 91: 9-16
"If you make the Most High your dwelling-
even the Lord, who is my refuge-
then no harm will befall you,
no disaster will come near your tent.
For he will command his angels concerning you
to guard you in all your ways;
they will life you up in their hands,
so that you will not strike your foot against a stone.
'Because he loves me,' says the Lord, 'I will rescue him;
I will protect him, for he acknowledges my name.
He will call upon me, and I will answer him;
I will be with him in trouble,
I will deliver him and honor him.
With long life will I satisfy him
and show him my salvation."
--
"Lord Jesus, Your word says that you are compassionate and gracious and that when we call upon your name you will answer. So we call on your name right now and ask you to preserve and protect Olivia's life. Bless her and sustain her on her sickbed. Restore her from her bed of illness. We praise you for the work you have already done in her life and we ask you to heal all her diseases. Command your angels concerning Olivia and we specifically ask that you will give her long life! We ask for your peace that passes all understanding to be with Olivia's family right now. You have promised that you will be with us in trouble and we ask you to be with Olivia's mommy, daddy, siblings and grandparents as they walk this difficult road. In Jesus Name, Amen"

4 comments:

Brennan Blog said...

Judy-
I read Julie's post before visiting your blog and sent up a prayer for her then. Your prayer is so lovely....So I prayed again. WE will be sure to continue to pray for sweet Olivia.....

Courtney said...

praying for ALL of you...especially olivia!!

Jenn Wilhide said...

Hi Judy~ I am sitting here, waiting for Bailey to go to sleep and I somehow was led to your blog - wow! It's so amazing and reading about sweet little Olivia made me cry! I can't even imagine . . . I am so inspired by your blog! I started one a while ago, but I definitely need a makeover, so maybe over the summer you can help me. I'd love to make a donation towards your friend's cause in Africa! On another note - do you still want to come in and volunteer one or two more times before the end of the year? Email me and let me know! Thanks again for keeping your blog open for all of the "stalkers" out there :)

Jenn said...

i am def in agreement with your prayers to Olivia. please keep us updated on her status when possible. She is such a precious little angel, God's precious angel...