Monday, April 6, 2009

Palm Sunday

I hope you had a good Palm Sunday! It was a wonderful day for us! Great church service, a pretty girl in a pretty dress, beautiful weather and lots of great family time!
I'm not quite sure what McKenna was being fussy about at this point, but the girl is driving us crazy with her decision not to walk. She can totally do it but chooses not to. As soon as we let go of her hand she immediately bends her knees to sit down. She won't even attempt to take a step. But she'll walk all over the place holding onto just one of our hands. She could do it, but I guess my little almost 14 month old is content to crawl.

McKenna doesn't seem to mind crawling all over the driveway and grass. She was filthy by the time we came in last night, but she had a great time. And Christian is finally starting to take some interest in his bike.
There's the sign pointing the way to our house. Still no interest.

We took a little walk yesterday to look for signs of spring. I gave Christian my camera and his job was to take pictures of things that let us know spring is here.


Christian started out strong...and got some great pictures of signs of spring.



And then it all went down hill.


He was clearly distracted by lots of other things.


And he forgot all about spring!
I just might have to forget about spring too. We're supposed to get a nice rain/snow mix tonight into tomorrow. I am so over snow, even though we didn't get much this year.


9 comments:

Aggiema (Michelle) said...

I miss dressing little girls up for Easter, mine just wants to look like a teenager now. NO more frilly dresses! We had a big war over high heeled shoes this weekend! So we finally went pretty casual with the Easter outfit, a bright green shirt with a shrug sweater and a white peasant type skirt, so we found some cool beaded flip flops. Not exactly my idea of Easter dress but at least no more war! Gotta pick your battles you know!

Katy said...

McKenna looks so pretty in her palm sunday dress!! And don't totally wish her up to the walking stage...because running won't be far behind, and then you'll have TWO to keep up with! It's easier when they aren't quite as mobile...and fast! :)

Alicia said...

Judy,

Our Abe (who will be 5 next month) was easily 14 months when he decided to start walking! They can be so stubborn....

Did I mention in my last message that we are going through the home sale process as well? Ours has been on for about three weeks and we have our first showing Wednesday. It is such a maddeningly slow process. Patience is the key, right?

Have a good week!
Alicia

Alicia

RSchuurman said...

I love seeing Christian's photography! Reading about McKenna's lack of motivation to walk made me chuckle. I remember my Grace doing the same thing. For some reason, we tried giving her something else to hold (combs, of all things!) and then she'd walk all over the place as long as she had those combs in her hands!! ^_^

Sarah Joy said...

I love the My Family you made all the way at the bottom (yes it was like going on a road trip just to reach the bottom page of you blog! Mine is that way too!)It really looks like Ryan standing there! Way too cute. I wish you could fit that up where everyone could see it though.

Anonymous said...

Judy,
I love Christian's photography. He does a pretty good job...I'm sure he's just as happy to be on the "taking" side of pix rather the having his taken.

Gotta love McKenna strong will...and not wanting to walk. Although it can prove to be frustrating at times...it will serve her well in life. Plus she's so cute...how can you get frustrated with her?

Have a bless week and can't wait to see your Easter pictures. Thanks for all the support, prayers and comments you send to Caitlin. You continue to bless her in the little things you do.

Laurie

PS...I am going to the post office today...finally mailing the Jesse tree ornaments.

Amy said...

Awww...I recognize that dress!! And she looks so precious in it! Don't you just love having a girl to dress up?!

Claire said...

I love what images kids capture when they are set loose with a camera!

Cxx

Anonymous said...

I remember Abby wearing that dress. Where has the time gone? Just let McKenna crawl around for a few more months, she's growing up too fast anyway.
Love, Grandmom