Friday, April 3, 2009

A Bunch of Random Stuff

It's raining cats and dogs here today! So we headed to McDonalds to play with some friends and have a little lunch. I've found myself going there way too much lately, but I really needed to get out of this house and it's a cheap place to go! Please tell me that you do the same thing? Time with other mommies is always so refreshing even if we spend most of our time monitoring our children :)
---------------------------

We had a good doctor's visit yesterday. Thanks to everyone who left comments yesterday encouraging me and giving me much needed advice. Sometimes it's nice to know that I'm not the only one with a chronically sick child. McKenna's ears looked great this time! Thank you Jesus! And they seem to think that she just has a cold. Unfortunately I know that with McKenna a "cold" can turn into bronchitis overnight. And of course at 3 am this morning she spiked a fever of 103 and I spent the next two hours rocking her, consoling her and trying to get her temperature down. But our Pediatrician did take me seriously and we had a really good discussion! He really seems to think that McKenna has just had a rough winter and that she'll outgrow this. He looked back through her records and most of her sickness does seem to start as a cold that she catches from one of the other kids. All it takes is a little sniffle from the big kids and it turns into something major with McKenna. We have been using probiotics and regular nebulizer treatments. I think we're also going to put McKenna on a very low dose of Clartin for the spring and maybe into the summer a little bit to help her out during allergy season.


I just ordered one of these! It's a pacifier that you attach to your nebulizer. The child sucks on the pacifier and the nebulizer treatment goes directly into their nose! I'm hoping that this will make our treatment times a little more pleasant. I think I'll be more consistent about giving her nebulizer treatments if it's something she doesn't despise. Right now it usually takes both Ryan and I to giver her a treatment (or Emma doing some sort of silly distracting).
-----------------------------------------------


I finally feel like I'm coming down the home stretch with the Jesse Tree project! You can click here to read the latest update. I'm hoping to get the remaining ornaments by Easter so I can send everyone their box of completed ornaments. That's what I'm hoping anyway! I'm starting to run out of places to stash all these little boxes of ornaments!
--------------------------------------------------


I have a new blogging friend! I used to teach with April when I lived in Chesapeake, VA! She just started a blog, so head on over there and leave her a comment welcoming her to the blogging world! All you bloggers know how much fun it is to get comments! She's got the cutest little boy, so it's going to be fun to keep up with her through her blog!
--------------------------------------------


Do you recognize the Oxi Clean guy? The guy who gets super excited about cleaning products. Well, I actually let him talk me into buying Kaboom bathroom cleaner. Afterall he says it easily removes hard water and soap scum stains. We have town water and it is awful. We have serious hard water problems and we even have a water softner. So I tried Kaboom! Well I'm sold! Kaboom is awesome. I hardly had to scrub my tub at all this last time and it doesn't have an obnoxious smell. It's not natural or anything like that, but frankly I don't care as long as it actually makes my tub clean without an hour of scrubbing! Just thought I'd share!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
And now for a little house selling update! Things are not going as we planned. We knew the market was slow, but really thought if we priced our house low we would have lots of interest. WRONG! We haven't had one showing yet! Our house is perfect for a first time home buyer and we thought there would be plenty of first time home buyers because this is the perfect time to buy and you get an $8000 tax credit if you buy a house for the first time right now. But I think people must be nervous about buying. There just aren't a lot of people looking to buy right now. So I'm not so confident anymore that we will end up selling our house. We'll see what happens. It's only been on the market for a week. Maybe things will pick up once the weather is a little nicer. So at this point we're just waiting. Cleaning and waiting and not getting too attached to the idea of moving!

--------------------------------------------------

And lastly...this is what I'm letting my mind meditate on today! Palm Sunday is this coming Sunday so I've been spending a lot of time thinking and studying the "triumphal entry."

Check out this verse:
Matthew 21:9
The crowds that went ahead of him and those that followed shouted, "Hosanna to the Son of David!" "Blessed is he who comes in the name of the Lord!" "Hosanna in the highest!"
When Jesus entered Jerusalem, the whole city was stirred and asked, "Who is this?"
The crowds answered, "This is Jesus, the prophet from Nazareth in Galilee."

I've read this verse a bunch of times but this is the first time I've really started thinking about that word "stirred." The KJV uses the word "moved." As Jesus entered Jerusalem the whole city was "stirred/moved." Wow, the whole city. The whole city was seeking, wanting to know who this was. Are you like Jerusalem? Does Jesus have that affect on you? Do you take the time to let Him in and stir your heart? Do you want to know who He is?

Over the next week or so leading up to Easter I'm asking the Lord to stir my heart. To give me a deeper and greater desire to know him more. I want to be like Jerusalem, seeking to know him more, but at the same time I want to be like the crowds proclaiming that "this is Jesus!" Proclaiming "Hosanna to the Son of David."

--------------------------------------------------------
Oh goodness, that probably just took you an hour to read this post! And I didn't even include any decent pictures! Oh well, next time!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

So glad to hear that it is not McKenna's ears. Hope she gets better and that it was just a bad winter and that it will hopefully come to an end very soon. I am with you on the McD's. We find ourselves there lots with friends we also go to an open gym that the park district offers. 2 dollars a kid indoor toys, mats, slides, an entire gym for running and lots of kids to play with all under the age of 4. Only offered 3 days a week and only a few months a year, but wonderful. You may want to check with your park district next winter to see if they offer the same sore of thing. Most all the district around here offer it, although I just recently discovered it this winter.
-Lindsey

Brennan Blog said...

Hey Judy! We are still planning on heading your way on Wednesday. Could we plan ot meet on either Wednesday afternoon or Thursday? Facebook me and let me know which is better. If Amy is around, bring her too! Would love to meet the whole gang!

the mccollums... said...

girl, I totally am feeling the same feelings that you have re: the house being on the market. We are putting our condo on the market tomorrow (the condo we currently live in). I am a little anxious about keeping up with it throughout the weeks ahead. We also have another condo on the market...its been on the market since Jan and we haven't had much luck at all. It's totally discouraging us. An empty condo for a few months does not equal happy thoughts. God is on control...and his timing is not ours. I will include you and your house in our prayers as I pray for ours places too. GOd has the perfect buyers for these places...I just know it.

Katy said...

i love random posts!!! First of all, you are NOT the only mommy that escapes to mcd's just so the kids can play and you can get a break! PLEASE!!! I can only imagine what your house looks like with ornaments hidden everywhere - how fun is that! Try not to be discouraged with the house selling stuff. Believe me - I know how hard it is! It is just a SLOW market. Know that God's timing is perfect - that's what we're dwelling on over here! And don't fuss too much on the cleaning...life goes on!!! OH - and you're the 2nd person to tell me about kaboom. i'm going to have to try it. i HATE scrubbing my tub from the water and soap scum stuff - and it's getting harder on me as i'm running out of bending room. i'm going to try it out!