Thursday, February 26, 2009

Jesse Tree Update AGAIN

I'm just posting this again as a reminder!!
Anyone remember the Jesse Tree?? For those of you who signed up to make an ornament the time of completion is drawing near! I was hoping to have everyone's ornaments by the end of February and then I'll try to get them back to you by the end of March. So here is the list of people who signed up, just in case you forgot. Please email me if you think you're NOT going to be able to get yours done.

1. Light of creation - a globe or picture of the earth - Katy S. DONE
2. The first sin - an apple and a snake wrapped around it - Jackie DONE
3. Inside the ark - an ark with a rainbow -Heidi S. DONE
4. The call to Abram - a camel and a tent - Millicent F. DONE
5. Isaac and the Lamb - a lamb - Nikki D. - DONE
6. Jacob's ladder - a ladder - Holly C. -DONE
7. Joseph's coat of many colors - a colorful coat - Amy M. DONE
8. Moses & the Ten commandments - a tablet with 10 numbers -Sarah S. DONE
9. Canann, the Promised Land of Blessings - a cluster of grapes - Kristin F. DONE
10. Ruth and Boaz - a sheaf of wheat - Diana B. DONE
11. King David - a slingshot - Judy C. DONE
12. Josiah Finds the Law - a scroll or Bible -Laurie B - DONE
13. Prophecy of Shoot from the Stump of Jesse - a stump with a green leaf - Judy C. DONE
14. Prophecy of the Lion and the lamb resting together - a lion and a lamb - Jackie DONE
15. Prophecy of the Prince of Peace - a dove and a crown - Jackie DONE
16. Prophecy of a Gentle Shepherd - a lamb and a shepherd's staff - Heather R. DONE
17. Prophecy of the Suffering Servant - a cross - Mom B. - DONE
18. Prophecy of the New Covenant - a heart with writing on it - Becki S. DONE
19. Prophecy of Bethlehem - Bethlehem town silhouette with star - Candi L. -DONE
20. The Exile - a fiery furnace Heidi S. DONE
21. The Return to the Land - a brick wall - Judy C. DONE
22. The Star - a star - Judy C. - DONE
23. The Light of the World - a candle or light -Jenn F. - DONE
24. Angels Proclaiming - an angel - Heather W. -DONE
25. The Birth of Jesus - Nativity scene or baby in a manger - Mom B. - DONE

Please remember that you can do anything you want. You could just get a plain ornament and a sharpie or paint pen and draw a picture of your symbol on it. You could find a sticker with a lion and a lamb on it and stick it on a ball. Don't make it complicated! I would also suggest googling "Jesse tree, ornament" or "ornament ideas, Jesse Tree" and see what you can come up with. There are lots of ideas floating around out there! And if your interested in participating and you're not signed up, just leave me a comment because someone might drop out! Let me know if you have any questions!! I will be updating this post as I receive ornaments. I've marked "DONE" next to the ornaments that have already been completed.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I know I cannot get mine done this month. Life is a bit crazier than I expected.....Sorry

Wendy

Katy said...

oh my word - I did TOTALLY forget, but it's back on my list! I'll get it to you next week!

Sarah Joy said...

It was going in the mail today but after I left the mall to take it (after we hung up Judy) the sky was pouring! YOu should have seen me, exhauted and running withthe jogger in flip flops in the rain and changing Scotts nasty diaper in the back of the van! This ladt sat there waiting for the spot... she waited for a long time! I will send Warren to mail it tomorrow or Monday. It is finished! And ready to be sent just has to be mailed:)